Messed with msconfig and cannot get into widnows 10 desktop anymore

mashafasha5

Commendable
Oct 19, 2016
I'll try to make the story short. I was messing with my first OC attemp on my i5 4690k. Messed with the clock speed and games started to run a lot better. For some ungodly reason i did not check on the voltage, so after a while my pc started shutting down out of the blue. "Of course OP, change the voltage pls" ai thought to myself. So, went into the BIOS (mobo is gigabyte GA z97x ud3h bk) and tried to look for where the voltage gets changed. OP, trying to be the OCD optimizing person that i am, selected the option of ultra fast boot and exited the BIOS setting. Dumb move #1. Now my pc would boot so fast that i could not get into the BIOS.

After that my PC would shut off randomly when starting applications, so i started to look for a way to go into the BIOS and change the voltage of my cpu.

Here comes the funny part. After looking on teh webz for anything that could help, i thought that selecting the option of "always boot in safe mode" in msconfig was a smart choice. So for some reason after booting i get to where the log in screen should be... but there's only a blue screen. Not the usual BSOD, but just a blue screen with nothing (pic attached below). The only options i get is to restart or shut down at the bottom right.

The only progress i've made after that is that i removed the mobo's battery to reset the bios and so now i have access to it... but it still i cannot even get to my login page.

TLDR; messed with msconfig and now login screen does not appear

Pls help, i am more than devastated ):

Blu screen

Solution
Click on the Power button on the right, then press and hold shift and click on the restart option. This'll get you to a Advanced Startup menu.

CyberDevil

Honorable
Apr 6, 2015
When does the blue screen appear? When you've booted into the OS but can't login with your User Account? If that's the case, try Ctrl+Alt+Del at the blue screen. See if you can open Task Manager or anything. And if you can, just open cmd (admin) and enable the hidden admin account. Try logging in with the hidden build in windows login a/c

CyberDevil

Honorable
Apr 6, 2015

It's probable that if he's getting the blue screen at the user login page on successful boot, it's his user account that's not loading and it's faulty.

mashafasha5

Commendable
Oct 19, 2016

Just updated the pic. Ctrl+Alt+Del doesn't do anything. I do have win 10 on an external HDD, but when i tried to boot directly from there it said that the device was not bootable or something along those lines. (it could be that i'm not copying the files correctly into the hdd?)

mashafasha5

Commendable
Oct 19, 2016

I'm at work right now, so i'll try this as soon as i get home and update you guys. Thank you for the fast responses btw <3 <3

mashafasha5

Commendable
Oct 19, 2016

Thank you so much! i did this and booted into safe mode. I ran msconfig and removed the settings i had selected. It works :)