PC Build for gaming, movies and general use

csimuleac

Commendable
Oct 16, 2016
Hello everyone,

I'm planing on getting a system from Scan 3xs and I would like to see your point of view as to what you will recommend or chose if you were in my position. The Z170 Vengance is the system I'm heaving my eyes on and opt for their 24 months payment plan. What's your point of view on that, is it worth spending all this money go for a lower/ cheaper build and replace in few years (intending of having it for at least 4-5 year).
Before I order it I plan to change some of the components and add few peripherals to it to have all package in the same price.

Going to change the MOBA with a Maximus VIII Ranger, the PSU with a silent RM650x and the boot drive with a 500GB Samsung 750 EVO SSD.

I'm also debating as to what monitor to use, mostly I'm inclining on the Asus PG279Q to stick in the 1440p at 100+ MHz as the 4k is still young (looking at the Asus PG348Q).

Also I aim of getting the Corsair K70 RGB keyboard and the Corsair MM300Xl mouse mat.

Mouse and Headphones I own from my previous build. Also what speakers do you recommend for general use/ gaming.

Going with Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit.

Please feel free to share your thoughts, recommendations and criticism, everything is more than welcome.

I tank you for your time reading and replying to my post.

Regards

Don't go with the 750. At least with 850 EVO or Sandisk X400 or Crucial MX300 (whatever cheaper for the capacity).
Also, why would you need the SLI HB bridge ? Are you going SLI ? if yes, consider GTX 1080 instead (which would be great for both PG279Q and PG348Q).
Drop that overclocking option. They can do 100-200MHz at most and it's barely (if at all) noticeable in gaming.
CPU cooler, don't pick that crap -if you want liquid, here is your option: https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-xlc-predator-240
otherwise, with the changes you mentioned, cool system.

39 monthly payments of £64.84
Representative APR
29.8%
Cash price
£1,597.32
Deposit
£159.73
Loan amount
£1,437.59
Loan repayment
£2,528.76
Cost of loan
£1,111.17
Total payable
£2,708.49
your paying for almost a new pc at 28 percent interest. start looking at local bank or online for low intrest credit card or personal loan. or credit union. if not put x amount int oa savings account till you have the funds for the pc then buy it. or buy the parts when you have the funds to.

csimuleac

Commendable
Oct 16, 2016

Thank you for your view on this but like I mentioned I will chose 24 month payment plan at 15.9% and costs somewhere near 400 quid. But you gave me something to think about and I would definitely look into ways of paying this.
Thank you.

csimuleac

Commendable
Oct 16, 2016

May I know why you don't recommend the 750 ? As for overclocking and SLI, those option aren't included in the build (they are simply options that are available). As for cooling I wanted a silent system but I'll guess I'll chose then the Noctua NH-U14S. Just to let you know that I'm customizing a system that it's already pre-build and the options that are available aren't to many.
I think I'll get a better deal if I buy the components from different sources, but I founded more easier to have the warranty from a single supplier. What's your view on that ?

750 is too slow in general workloads. Don't look at max read write speeds, we are more interested in small files read/write and especially for compressible/non-compressible files. 3 SSD series I mentioned are good performers at reasonable price and good warranty.
As for the components, I prefer to buy exactly what I want without compromises for the lowest price. Also I rarely buy "whole system", usually my computer is "rolling build". As for the warranty, it is one component that breaks, sometimes you can have spare component to use while you send the broken for service. With complete system, you will probably need to bring it all. Not to mention that I trust myself more than those "technicians" to assemble it in the best way (they will prefer fastest/more convenient).

csimuleac

Commendable
Oct 16, 2016

Thank you again for your time, I'll will definitely take your points into consideration. And I'll start looking into building it from parts to see how much would that cost. Yet again I tend to go for mid to lower end components and I do have to say that I take in consideration the reviews item have and I can easily be distracted by that ( Looking at the Asus PG279Q where everyone was complaining about bleed effect on dark images).