Notebook not connecting to wifi anymore

Kettsprock

Commendable
Oct 21, 2016
Notebook not connecting to wifi anymore, windows 10
Hi, having lot of problem s with HP Presario notebook 15 just won't connect to my wifi anymore. (Although my smart phone will with no problems. )
Tried the command prompt, IP config release & renew. But 3 msg come up together : no operation can be performed on Ethernet / or Local area / or Wifi while it has its media disconnected
Any suggestions of what I can try next? Really appreciate any help

Solution

There might be an off-switch or some sort of WIFI button on your notebook.

When this switch is switched or button is pressed: The wifi gets disabled and it appears as If your laptop has no WIFI at all.

However, IF you're TRYING to connect to a WIFI on your laptop and it just won't...

Schnolhamor

Commendable
May 11, 2016

There might be an off-switch or some sort of WIFI button on your notebook.

When this switch is switched or button is pressed: The wifi gets disabled and it appears as If your laptop has no WIFI at all.

However, IF you're TRYING to connect to a WIFI on your laptop and it just won't connected; Reset your modem and restart your laptop and try again.

Solution

Kettsprock

Commendable
Oct 21, 2016

However, IF you're TRYING to connect to a WIFI on your laptop and it just won't connected; Reset your modem and restart your laptop and try again.[/quotemsg]

Thanks a lot Schnolhamor- am using the notebook again - delighted :D

Kettsprock

Commendable
Oct 21, 2016
Hi again, still having problems connecting. Was fine until I stopped using it then wouldn't connect when i opened back up.
Now running really slowly, all pages loading very slowly.
Any suggestions much appreciated, thanks