Pc on but screen wont boot on.

fireblazin

Honorable
Dec 2, 2013
Got an hp all in one destop model number 27 a030. Tried to do an bios update send by hp updates. It wouldnt go through so cancled it. Pc said needs to restart and it restarted. After that pc wont boot up windows 10. It comes on but screen looks like pc is off. Pc not even 5 month old. Did all sorts of trouble shooting alread.Turn off, unplugged hit f2, f10 and other stuff as many people have advised. Nothing works. It has a keboard mouse combo. The mouse light comes on but keyboard caps light wont. Can it be that i cant to the troubleshooting cause keyboard might not work? There is no reset button for those 2. Also put new batteries in both. Please any,help is appreciated. Tina

Luketheduke03, you do know that is an all-in-1 computer don't you?

fireblazin, try this, disconnect main power cord from computer, hold the power button down for a 20 to 30 count, reconnect the power cordto the computer & turn it on. how old is the hp? why did the update not go thru, was there an error message?

fireblazin

Honorable
Dec 2, 2013
@ ffg7
I did that plus lots of other stuff when i called hp support. Nothing worked. My computer shops said he is sure motherboard is messed up. Not sure what went wrong it prompted to do the update i did then it wozldnt go through so stopöed and hit cance download. Pc then said needed to restart pc. It restarted and then the screen just stayed black.

fireblazin

Honorable
Dec 2, 2013

Said to unplug then hold power button for 30 seconds plug in again and turn on. Also tap f2 and f10. Had me unplugg everything plug back in restart. Had me turn off turn back on and at same time press windows and b keys at same time. Also prest esc key. Nothing worked it powerd on but nothing comes on the screen. I noticed that caps light on keyboard does not light up. Thinking all the keys he had me press didn't work cause maybe keyboard not working. Put new batteries in mouse and keyboad still nothing. Asked him about keyboard he said no thats not it. Ven tried another keyboard.

SBVOne

Commendable
Oct 23, 2016

You are not alone. I recovered BIOS by holding Windows + B and then the power button until you get about 8 beeps. A dialogue will open to begin restoring the BIOS. I rebooted. No joy in Mudville. Still won't boot to Windows. I get a HP splash screen with "Preparing Automatic Repair" screen that errors out with a message about unable to boot hard drive. I brought up the BIOS and changed the boot order to boot from USB CD/DVD, USB hard drive and then Windows. Subsequently, I can only boot to Microsoft installation CD or flash drive. I don't have a Windows repair disk for Windows 10. So I can do a reinstall. I will have to remove the hard drive and back up files I want to save and reinstall Windows 10. I don't know if it will recognize the existing installation or eant to format the hard drive. It currently will not boot to a Linux or PE CD or flash drive.

SBVOne

Commendable
Oct 23, 2016
FIXED.
1. Turned off PC.
2. Unplugged AC cord
3. Removed battery from motherboard.
4. let it sit for 30 min.
5. replaced battery
6. Reconnected AC power
7. Turned it back on.
System restored default BIOS. I had to reset Date, Time, etc.

I then booted to Windows 10 install media. After the first language etc page, there is an option to repair your PC, then other options one of which is to trouble shoot my PC. I selected that and it began to "think". Then I got a screen saying it would repair my hard drive and warned it would take an hour. It took four. before it finished, I had a login splash screen, Finally all seems to be working as before the "upgrade"