My Display Randomly Drops and Audio Gets Stuck

Sameth132

Commendable
Oct 21, 2016
My newly built pc will randomly stop sending data to my monitor and audio will get stuck like a record skipping but with a weird sound. My PC is still on and my fans are running when it happens. It happens randomly wether I'm reading news, watching Netflix or playing fallout 4 or a graphics intensive game.
I have tried using a different hdmi cable and it still happens, I have used different monitors and it still happens, my LG monitor says no data revived and my vizio says no signal when the event occurs. I haven't tested my psu but before I finished building my computer I lent it to a friend to use until he replaced his old one that blew a fuse and it worked fine. I have took out my cmos battery and try to let my settings reset that seemed to help because it ran for a day and half without interruption.
I called newegg and they were polite but the couldn't help me since it was past 30 days since I purchased my parts from them, new eggs tech told me to contact PNY my graphics card manufacture and they were of little help and one person quite rude. I am stuck without a pc and civ 6 came out today and all I desire is to play it. Could someone please help me?

Solution
if you have integrated graphics, take out your graphics card completely and see if it happens with the integrated.
do a complete removal of the drivers with DDU: http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html
if no freezes after driver removal and integrated, reinstall card and fresh drivers.

you need to post your exact model number on your psu and graphics card if you want us to rule out power issues. a lot of custom builders choose poor quality power supplies or don't match amps/wattage correctly.

all mentioned fails, contact pny again for an rma.
if you have integrated graphics, take out your graphics card completely and see if it happens with the integrated.
do a complete removal of the drivers with DDU: http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html
if no freezes after driver removal and integrated, reinstall card and fresh drivers.

you need to post your exact model number on your psu and graphics card if you want us to rule out power issues. a lot of custom builders choose poor quality power supplies or don't match amps/wattage correctly.

all mentioned fails, contact pny again for an rma.

Solution