A few questions about GIGABITE GA-H61M-S2P-B3

Yahya salhop

Commendable
Oct 22, 2016
Hi every one i'm planning to buy a new motherboard and i've found GIGABITE GA-H61M-S2P-B3 (rev 1.0) although i was looking for (rev 1.1)
My question is:
-Does GIGABITE GA-H61M-S2P-B3 (rev 1.0) supports 3rd Gen of Intel core i3 because i've already bought Intel Core i3-3240 Processor.
-What is the perfect power supply for GA-H61M-S2P-B3 (rev 1.0).
And finally is GA-H61M-S2P-B3 (rev 1.0) a good motherboard or not.
thanks

The H61 chipset was introduced in 2011 and supports LGA 1155 CPUs including the Intel Core i3-3240.

It has low end features with no USB 3.0 or 6Gb/s SATA ports.
It features four SATA 3Gb/s ports supporting up to 4 SATA 3Gb/s devices.
The Onboard Graphics is limited to a single D-Sub port.

The power supply requirements are heavily dependent on your graphics choice.
The motherboard requires two power connections:
one 24-pin ATX main power connector
one 4-pin ATX 12V power connector

Most higher end LGA 1155 chipset models are out of production, but there are plenty of the basic H61 chipset models still being sold.

It will be fine for basic computing. An ATX V2.2 Power Supply would be okay with the motherboard integrated processor graphics.
For example,
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817182021

Power supplies with 80 PLUS Certified ratings use less electricity than ones that do not have that rating.

Yahya salhop

Commendable
Oct 22, 2016

Thanks Calvin7's for helping me.:D

Joanita_1

Commendable
Oct 25, 2016

I currently have that motherboard. I know very little about computers and have an additional question to your question, what kind of graphics card do you put in this box?
I only have these options available to me at present: http://matrixonlineshop.co.za/categories/components/graphics-cards.html?sort=priceasc
Or should I purchase a new Motherboard, and start fresh?
I decided to make this my project and try to upgrade my pc myself but I am totally uncertain about which components to but and I need it a little faster and hdmi + vga