Need a replacement fan for Coolermaster Hyper 212 Plus‎.

Timekeepsonslippin

Honorable
Nov 19, 2012
Can anyone recommend the best replacement fan for the Coolermaster Hyper 212 Plus‎?

Is there certain models of fans I should be looking for deals on that are currently sold? From what I've seen you can get fans for as low as around $5 that I think are supposed to fit.

I'm hoping for cheap/free shipping, and low overall cost while getting at least the same quality as the original fan. Not sure if I should look on Ebay or something. I'm buying from Canada so additional charges for shipping from the US might need to be considered.

My current fan doesn't have a reservoir to oil bearings like my other fans do, I'm assuming it's another type of fan that you can't easily maintain without opening it up, since there's not an external cap for easy access (I've seen a reference somewhere to three types of computer fans I think, at least one of which you can't add oil to according to a post I read). I recently cleaned my computer and oiled all of the other fans, so the CPU fan appears to be the cause of the noise I'm hearing.

Timekeepsonslippin

Honorable
Nov 19, 2012
Oh and come to think of it I might consider getting two fans of the same model to attach one on each side. It might allow less dust to collect on the side of the heatsink where the fan is by sucking it through with the fan on the other side, towards the back of the case?

you heat sink uses fans with these specification;
Fan Dimension 120 x 120 x 25 mm
Fan Speed 600 - 2000 R.P.M. (PWM)
Fan Airflow 21.2 - 76.8 CFM
connector 4-pin

Any 120mm fan can work, how cheap you go, will likely directly relate to how long it will last and how much noise it will generate.
But the specs above should be met, cheaper fan may have the speed but not the air displacement and this not cooling as expected.

when I put 2 fans on a heat sink of this kind, I normally use one to pull air out and one to push air into the heat sink forcing cool air thruways the heat sink.

Timekeepsonslippin

Honorable
Nov 19, 2012
So there's no concern about certain fans not fitting?

I've found a few topics when I was looking this up a month or so ago with people recommending fans for the specific heatsink, some of them really cheap but sounded like decent quality, but those posts were from years ago.

And yeah that's what I was talking about with the two fans.