"Program" Folder Being Created In D Drive

Troubled PC User

Reputable
Feb 26, 2015
I have a 1 TB HDD in addition to my SSD C drive. The past 2 times I have booted the computer, I have gotten a message as soon as I log in saying that "There is a file or folder called "D:\Program" which could cause certain applications to not function correctly. Renaming it to "D:\Program1" would solve this problem." This folder is empty and I have no idea what program created it. I deleted the folder the last time, but it has reappeared this time. I just ran the only new program I installed and it did not create the folder. I am wondering if I somehow ended about with a malicious program or if this is just something weird with Windows 10. Please let me know if you have any experience with this issue.

Troubled PC User

Reputable
Feb 26, 2015
It is called Mod Organizer 2. It is for use with Fallout 4; however as I have said, running it (and the game through it) did not create the folder. I have also extensively used Mod Organizer 1 without issue. (I only mentioned it because it is the only new program on my PC). I just ran Windows Defender and Malwarebytes AntiMalware and neither found a threat, so I really am at a loss as to what's causing this.