650ti compatibility questions

EquineHero

Reputable
BANNED
Oct 6, 2015
Right now I have a PNY GT 710 PCIE GPU. I want the 650TI, but I have questions that nVidia's site won't answer.

Is it compatible with the Dell Inspiron 545 PCI slot?
Does it require supplementart PSU power?
How many watts should my PSU produce to use this card effeectively?

Plumboby

Respectable
Apr 18, 2016
should work if you have a pcie slot i am running 2 those cards in 2 builds if you get the evga small form video card they will fit anywhere i found all my drivers online all i did was delete all my video drivers to the base that's running on ur processors post to bios enable video card disable any chipset graphics you shouldn't have an issue they dont run hot can get away with roughly a 450watt is PSU but i use the online psu calculator best way to get you power consumption all i did has worked every time so far but picked up 2 dud psus in the process RMA unlucky but happens

Jasjar

Reputable
Nov 24, 2015
The 650ti does require supplementary power(one pcie power connector). To run this card you need to have a decent 400w PSU. You will probably need to buy a new PSU if you want this card, because Dell OEM PSU`s are not very good.

Plumboby

Respectable
Apr 18, 2016
just allow for a decent new psu to suit as i did with the aux 6pin GPU power if you can get an evga or antec unit to suit reliable as just work out ur power usage of ur chipset with processor current set up & build to suit as you know exact what you need