First time fresh install of windows questions

bobdolex3

Commendable
Oct 23, 2016
I picked this rig up from a friend of mine that built it from scratch a few years ago. he was into overclocking and different tweaks like that. so as it stands i know the cpu and gpu are over clocked, as well as some custom boot process. this rig isnt aging gracefully though and im hoping that starting over from scratch might help. that way i can know the full ins and outs/get rid of unessential things. im nervous as all get outs about it though seeing as there are multiple things going on that i didnt set up and therefore dont know jack about. if anyone could explain the process, what to watch out for, basically any useful info about gettin this wipe done and over with i would be insanely grateful. let me know if there is any info i need to provide to help you help me.

Solution
do you know what parts are in the PC? You will need to remove the overclock on the CPU before you install win 10, as it may not work right if you have PC overclocked while running it.

I would guess the GPU overclock is software based so it will be set to default as soon as you reinstall win 10.

Do you have a win 10 installer? if not, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB

You will need to chenge boot order in BIOS to USB first, hdd second
THis guide should show you everything you need to know about reinstalling win 10: http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1950-windows-10-clean-install.html

I can't help you overclock afterwards as I don't do that myself. Sure others here will...

Colif

Win 11 Master
do you know what parts are in the PC? You will need to remove the overclock on the CPU before you install win 10, as it may not work right if you have PC overclocked while running it.

I would guess the GPU overclock is software based so it will be set to default as soon as you reinstall win 10.

Do you have a win 10 installer? if not, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB

You will need to chenge boot order in BIOS to USB first, hdd second
THis guide should show you everything you need to know about reinstalling win 10: http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1950-windows-10-clean-install.html

I can't help you overclock afterwards as I don't do that myself. Sure others here will help though :)

Solution