Computer BSODs before Windows starts

nyz1_xromyow

Commendable
Mar 12, 2016
PC always BSODs (mostly SystemThreadExceptionNotHandled but not all the time) before starting Windows except:

* I go to BIOS settings and stay there for about 30secs.
* I shut down the computer for up to 10mins. (without plugging off power)

// Most of the time, when it BSODs, it says the computer will restart after doing something but it will always be stuck at 100% and I have to manually restart;
// But sometimes, the power just goes out (fans stop spinning) after about 5secs. And after I press power button again, the PC will boot windows without BSOD.

I believe I also experienced this problem on Win8.1. I have no other problems with my PC so far.

Solution
Memory management - Bugcheck code: 0x1A 0x5002 << if this last number was 5003 it would be a ram error, as it stands... if PC is okay, probably just ignore it

Always nice to know how things work. If you ever get a HDD bigger than 2.2tb you will need to swap to GPT

nyz1_xromyow

Commendable
Mar 12, 2016

i5-3470
AsRock H61M-VG4
WD Caviar Blue 1TB
Crucial RAM 4GB-DDR3-1600
Zotac GTX750Ti 2GB

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On Thu 10/20/16 8:10:23 AM your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\102016-19734-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0xE1677)
Bugcheck code: 0x1000007E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF8024A2F5677, 0xFFFF88800B151708, 0xFFFF88800B150F30)
Error: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that a system thread generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Thu 10/20/16 8:10:23 AM your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!KeBugCheckEx+0x0)
Bugcheck code: 0x7E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF8024A2F5677, 0xFFFF88800B151708, 0xFFFF88800B150F30)
Error: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
Bug check description: This bug check indicates that a system thread generated an exception that the error handler did not catch.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Wed 10/19/16 7:43:02 PM your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\101916-22531-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x14A2C0)
Bugcheck code: 0x1A (0x5002, 0xFFFFF8019D7331E0, 0x6FDD, 0x20000CCC1FFFFFFE)
Error: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
Bug check description: This indicates that a severe memory management error occurred.
This might be a case of memory corruption. More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers, not because of faulty RAM modules. This problem might also be caused because of overheating (thermal issue).

On Wed 10/19/16 7:13:26 AM your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\101916-28000-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0x1E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF801AB671C6F, 0x0, 0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF)
Error: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode program generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.

On Thu 10/13/16 9:54:52 AM your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\101316-23500-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC0000005, 0xFFFFF8030251B708, 0xFFFFC100AC43D8E0, 0x0)
Error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
Bug check description: This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Conclusion
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

36 crash dumps have been found and analyzed. Only 5 are included in this report. No offending third party drivers have been found. Connsider using WhoCrashed Professional which offers more detailed analysis using symbol resolution. Also configuring your system to produce a full memory dump may help you.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Colif

Win 11 Master
Try this
right click start button
choose command prompt (admin)
type SFC /scannow and press enter

this scans system files and may fix some of this behaviour.

they look like driver errors but what ever it is, is hiding behind windows file names. ntoskrnl & ntkrnlmp.exe are both parts of windows so don't tell me a lot.
You can look here to see if any of your drivers are old: http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/H61M-VG4/?cat=Download&os=Win1064 but the fastest way you likely to get a result is to follow the posting instructions at top of this page and post on here as they probably help you faster than I can: http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/

nyz1_xromyow

Commendable
Mar 12, 2016

HDTune showed my HDD is fine.
Done SFC /scannow and it says it did not find any integrity violations.
Im pretty sure my drivers are up to date

I will try getting help from tenforums and update this thread if I found a solution. Thanks! :)

nyz1_xromyow

Commendable
Mar 12, 2016
It's been a while. I'm here to update my status. I have yet found the culprit. After installing Windows to the computer system of my friend, I accidentally read about GPT and MBR as well as BIOS/UEFI/EFI and remembered that I am using Legacy boot mode that's why I thought Intel Rapid Start Technology causes BSOD. I disabled it and haven't encountered any issues since. Thanks and regards =)

Colif

Win 11 Master
Memory management - Bugcheck code: 0x1A 0x5002 << if this last number was 5003 it would be a ram error, as it stands... if PC is okay, probably just ignore it

Always nice to know how things work. If you ever get a HDD bigger than 2.2tb you will need to swap to GPT

Solution