Lenovo g510 and it's Intel HD 4600 and Radeon HD 8750M

XsergeiX

Commendable
Feb 29, 2016
Some lore:

Some months ago i noticed that my games were lagging much more than usually. Yesterday i decided to play a game, that i haven't been playing for 2 months. For some reason, instead of 40fps on high presets, i got less than 20fps on minimals and it was dropping down even more(3-5fps) when i had an action on screen.

I decided that something had happened with my dedicated amd, and so it was. When i tryed to open Catalyst, it said that i have no AMD graphics card.

My hard drive has small 30gb segment, that contains drivers needed for that laptop. So i find AMD's driver and reinstalled it. But nothing changed.

After that i decided to download AMD's auto detect utility. I launched it, it was downloading something, and when there was "AMD Display Driver" written on progressbar, whole screen freezed. It was impossible to do anything. I restarted computer, but this didn't help - it freezed even before windows could load(loading circle's dots freezed). To solve that i downloaded Display Driver Uninstall, started laptop in safe mode and uninstalled AMD's one. After restart windows booted successfully.

But then it turned out, that now even Intel HD Graphics doesn't wan't to work. I reinstalled it, but it did nothing. So i deleted Intel by DDU and then installed drivers again. Intel HD Graphics were working now.

After i decided to install AMD drivers, that were given me by Lenovo. When i had done this - none of graphics were working again. For some reason - installing AMD drivers disabled Intel Graphics, but AMD itself didn't work too, so none of these 2 didn't want to work.

Right now i uninstalled both of them by DDU and installed only Intel HD Graphics.

My questions are:
What is happening? Are they conflicting? If yes, how they did work together before? How to solve that?

Extra:

About laptop:
Lenovo G510
Intel i7-4700MQ
8GB ram
AMD Radeon HD 8750M

I think it happened after i updated win8.1 to win10

p.s. I don't know in which category this post should go...

Solution
Do you still have this problem?I have the same laptop i and i found a solution for this issue, basically all you need to do is to uninstall driver for radeon 8750m (In device manager) then download official driver from lenovo site http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/Laptops-and-netbooks/Lenovo-G-Series-laptops/Lenovo-G510-Notebook/downloads/DS103804 ), install this official driver and then download latest driver from AMD site and install that one (so you get support for latest games and better perforace), and you are good to go and everything will be working well, i don't know what is the issues but this scenario helped me many times even after clean Windows 10 install.And in the end - remember do not install Intel HD driver from...

Colif

Win 11 Master
https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-G510-switchable-graphics-problem/m-p/1712625#M35905

it sort of works like crossfire, the AMD card only meant to run when playing graphical intensive programs and Intel runs everything else. Your laptop should swap between them automatically. Its a good sign the AMD drivers at least recognise card but its odd that the two drivers seem to be overwriting each other... that is normal on a PC if you install new intel IGPU drivers if you have a GPU< but it shouldn't do that on your laptop since its designed to do it that way.

XsergeiX

Commendable
Feb 29, 2016

2 Months ago it worked well at most part, it did auto use dedicated one when heavy games were launched.
Now, for some reason, the system thinks there's no AMD graphics, but in Device Manager there is my AMD Radeon

Guarantee experied a year ago, so like i understood i have no chance for free help?

Davy_1

Commendable
Dec 3, 2016
Do you still have this problem?I have the same laptop i and i found a solution for this issue, basically all you need to do is to uninstall driver for radeon 8750m (In device manager) then download official driver from lenovo site http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/Laptops-and-netbooks/Lenovo-G-Series-laptops/Lenovo-G510-Notebook/downloads/DS103804 ), install this official driver and then download latest driver from AMD site and install that one (so you get support for latest games and better perforace), and you are good to go and everything will be working well, i don't know what is the issues but this scenario helped me many times even after clean Windows 10 install.And in the end - remember do not install Intel HD driver from Intel website, use only only official lenovo driver, otherwise you will crash your computer.

Solution