Commendable
Oct 19, 2016
Hi guys,

I have a weird issue with my pc.
Here are my specs:
MB: asus m5a99x evo r2.0
CPU: AMD FX 6300
RAM: Corsair Vengance 4x4gb 1600mhz

I went into BIOS the other day to change the ram frequency, this was a cold start and I noticed that the cpu cooler throttled up and my cpu was showing 40c. After I loaded into windows you can hear that the cpu cooler throttled down. I checked the temp of the cpu and it was showing 15c. My idle temp is around 20c maximum. I have 5 120mm case fans and they keep the components cool. I also made a stress test with AIDA64 extreme and the max temp achieved was 48c

Delta-38

Commendable
Oct 19, 2016
it's about 24c. I installed occt and it is showing 33c for the cpu, which is fine by me but still does not explain why when i go into BIOS the cpu shows different temp and the cooler throttles up like a Boeing 747 at takeoff.

Well at least now you know that 15c is bogus.

Depends what Windows monitor App you are using. The author of HWINFO has a write up about interpreting these numbers, and how the numbers are obtained.

I have noticed, all these Windows temp Apps, they made "guesses" of what sensor signify what, and most of the time it works the way that it suppose to, but when you see a 15c, you know that is a bogus number and this particular sensor should be ignored. Give HWINFO a try.

Delta-38

Commendable
Oct 19, 2016

Thanks a bunch for the info.