Save Locations Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

toml_12953

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2009
When I go to Settings/System/Storage to try to change my default storage locations, I can change Apps and Maps but any of the other categories (documents, music, photos, movies) give me "We couldn't set your default save location" error code 0x80070005. How can I fix this?

TIA
Tom L

Solution
Try using the other way.

The 4 locations you mention are library folders. You can redirect their location using file explorer
say you want to move music from c drive to d
Go to D and make a folder in the name you want like COlif's music
navigate to the music library and right click it
choose properties
choose location tab
choose move...
find the folder you created before and once you sure its the right path (be careful not to let it set an entire drive as music as that is hard to reverse), click apply and agree to move everything in music folder to new location

you can do that for music, documents, movies, pictures. I always use this method as the settings/system/storage way doesn't let you specify folder locations

Colif

Win 11 Master
Try using the other way.

The 4 locations you mention are library folders. You can redirect their location using file explorer
say you want to move music from c drive to d
Go to D and make a folder in the name you want like COlif's music
navigate to the music library and right click it
choose properties
choose location tab
choose move...
find the folder you created before and once you sure its the right path (be careful not to let it set an entire drive as music as that is hard to reverse), click apply and agree to move everything in music folder to new location

you can do that for music, documents, movies, pictures. I always use this method as the settings/system/storage way doesn't let you specify folder locations

Solution

Gone2tokyo

Reputable
Aug 31, 2015
Hold the Windows key and press R
In the run dialog that opens up, type %appdata% and click OK.
By default, this command will take you to the Appdata\Roaming folder but we need to be in the AppData\Local folder so click AppData from the top (breadcrumb) and choose AppData then Local.
Now in the Local folder, locate the folder called Packages.
Right click on Packages and select Properties.
Click the Security Tab
Now click the Advanced button and up at the top you'll see "Owner:" and it will more than likely be set to system. Click on change (Right next to where it says owner:system) and then click on Advanced in the window that pops up. Then click "Find Now" and select your username on the list that is generated and then click ok. You'll see that the Owner now has your username in place of where system was previously. Click the check box below the Owner to replace all sub-folders etc.. Click ok and then ok again and you should now be able to make changes in the Settings>System>Storage section. Hope that works for you. - Leifo

Status
Not open for further replies.