First Time Build PC. Fans & LEDs will turn on. No display on monitor.

SirChemi

Commendable
Oct 24, 2016
So I just bought all of my pieces, built it all correctly (I think) but the monitor will get no signal. I have tried many things on these forums, and even everything on the troubleshooting guide. Case will light up, fans will start spinning, both the case's fans and the CPU cooler, but I will get a no signal message on the monitor. For some reason, the graphic card's fans will start spinning but stop after 10ish secs. There is a white light on it however. Also a red light on mobo, next to the power reset and switch pins.

I have tried:

Starting it up with and without graphics card (GeForce GTX 970)
Starting it up with rams in different slots
HDMI to HDMI. DVI to HDMI
I have tried plugging the monitor into both the motherboard and the graphics card
Leaving it on for a while

Specs: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/L7Gn2R

Thanks!

Solution
Don't worry about the graphics card's fans not spinning. Some cards have it where their fans only start to spin when it reaches certain temperatures. I had this same problem for the past few days until I decided to do some trial and error with my ram. As it turned out one of my sticks was bad causing my display to crash (when it actually came up on the few times) and removing it and having my one stick in Dim 2 has solved my problems.

3WeekOldBurrito

Commendable
Oct 24, 2016
Don't worry about the graphics card's fans not spinning. Some cards have it where their fans only start to spin when it reaches certain temperatures. I had this same problem for the past few days until I decided to do some trial and error with my ram. As it turned out one of my sticks was bad causing my display to crash (when it actually came up on the few times) and removing it and having my one stick in Dim 2 has solved my problems.

Solution