I'm looking to upgrade this desktop.

HP ProDesk 490 G2 MT
Intel Core i7 4790 Haswell
Intel H97 Express
RAM 16GB
Intel HD Graphics 4600
HDD 1TB 7200 rpm
Windows 10

The goal is to run dark souls 3 on buttery 60 fps and to get there as economically as possible, but preferably on high settings.
The challenge is, that I don't know which card to get, that will fit the case and which power supply to get to replace the stock one inside, should that be necessary.
Also I obviously don't have any experience with building, save for upgrading this desktops RAM when I got it so additional advice would be appreciated.

Thanks for help.

Bmacker

Reputable
Jan 7, 2015
Hey dxbbrey,

Economically is more of a relative term, just so you know. Currently, you can purchase a GTX 980 for roughly $339 on EVGA's website. It's part of a promotion to clear inventory of the series. That is a very reliable card.

This is something I tell anyone who is looking to upgrade their GPU. I highly, HIGHLY recommend users to just jump into the 1000 series (more specifically the 1070). Reason being is the cards architecture and reliability. It's a very good card and will last you a very, very long time. It also allows you to grow from a casual player to a more PC enthusiast player in the future.

As far as power supplies go. An EVGA G2 SuperNova 650watt will provide expandability and enough power overheard for upgrades in the future. The G2 SuperNova series is an extremely good choice.

TRENDING THREADS