GTX 750 Ti . Can this run on my ASUS P5B Deluxe/WiFi-AP motherboard? I've a Q6600 CPU also

LikeGames

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2009
[this is for a computer I built 8 years approximately ago. I was going to wait 1 more year maybe before getting a nice computer again but may have to get a component sooner, a GPU]

Hi. Im trying to code in DirectX 11. I thought everything was fine then discovered my current GPU of 8 years old or something like only can do DX 10. So i need an upgrade of my GPU.

I think the GTX 750 Ti would be great for me. Not too expensive but i'm wandering will it work with my current motherboard and CPU for that matter. I have a ASUS P5B Deluxe/WiFi-AP motherboard and a Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4 GHz Quad-Core Processor.

Hope someone might be able to help me. Thank you. Really most appreciated for anyone sparing there time to reply to my post. Thank you.

LikeGames

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2009

Ok. so i was looking to put of getting a new PC for around 1 year. The thing is because I might need a GPU now as i'm on a games developer course. I want a GPU that can use DX11. With my current PC the cheapest DX11 card out there is the GTX 750 Ti which I don't mind having if it's even for just 1-2 years. After the course I plan in getting my main new PC.

I just need something to tie me over with. I was hoping I wouldn't need to spend alot of money for a card with DX11 and I see this card is around £80 maybe. So this will do me fine. Will be so much better than what i have currently too. A GPU from 8 years ago ^^.

Please people. Reply if you have any thoughts on regarding my 1st post. Thank you.

KK just figured being the 1050ti was as fast as the 960 for a really cheap price it would be worth a mention. O and those prices was US dollars. Not sure of the pound transfer. Here is a nice 750ti.
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB Video Card (£89.99 @ Novatech)
Total: £89.99
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-10-24 22:29 BST+0100

LikeGames

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2009

Thank for replying. The question still remains though. GTX 750 Ti . Can this run on my ASUS P5B Deluxe/WiFi-AP motherboard?

LikeGames

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2009

thanks for the reply. U know something odd. well, i read somewhere how pcie 2.0 or 3.0 dont really mean much as in a card can work on either. It's just some marketing sort of spiel to say LOOK we have a newer version.

I went in live chat with asus my query with my mobo. They said that as the GPU is pcie 3.0 and my mobo is 1.0 . then there might be an issue. if it was 1.0 and 2.0 gpu then thats ok. or 2.0 and 3.0 fine. but because there is a gap they said there might be an issue 1.0 and 3.0 .

Do people think that ill be able to use the GTX 750 Ti on my mobo? Would really like to hear replies on. Thank you.

Na its not how it works. Nvidia still supports 1.1 and up with their newest. AMD supports 2.0 and up with their newest cards. As long as the 750ti has a power plug it should work on even the 1.0 but no way most new AMD cards will.

LikeGames

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2009

Thanks for the reply. So I have a q6600 CPU. Do you think my computer will work fine with the 750 Ti and this CPU? All i need is for my PC to work alright. I dont necessarily need it to make use fully of the specs etc. I just hope my PC can run with the 750Ti thats all. I'll be finished on my game dev course that im looking to use dx11 with and then Ill consider getting a new PC with. Likely will sell the 750 Ti card also ;)

LikeGames

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2009

Elbert. You have been a tremendous help with my query. Thank you so very much for having the thought of replying to my post. Im so glad I found someone here in the forums that was able to help me with my dilemma. Thanks again, if it isn't at all out of place to ask. I was just wandering. How you know about all this really. Do you work with PC parts etc? You in IT or something? Just wandered. Wish I was this tech savvy ;)

PS - what dies FM mean that you wrote in your last reply?

I teach tech at the local vocation and have run my own pc repair business for the past 20 years. FM is a motherboard socket for AMD;s APU's.
http://www.gigabyte.us/products/list.aspx?s=42&jid=0&p=2&v=27