Price Check Gtx 980 ti

Status
Not open for further replies.

arteyoats

Honorable
Dec 27, 2012
Just wondering what my current GPU is worth considering the 1080s are out and 4k gaming is in my scope.

I have an EVGA Gtx 980 Ti FTW edition card, bought on 2/25/16, registered warranty. Gently used, no mining or overclocking. Dont know what value this holds now but any insight will help, thanks.

Solution
uhhhhh nope

That's the price range of a GTX 1070.

A 980 Ti will fetch no more than about $350 if it's one of the high-end models like an EVGA Classified, ROG Matrix Platinum, MSI Lightning, etc. For cheaper models, you can't really expect more than about $300. This is all assuming you try to sell to people who aren't completely clueless about current gen GPU pricing.

doubletake

Honorable
Sep 30, 2012
uhhhhh nope

That's the price range of a GTX 1070.

A 980 Ti will fetch no more than about $350 if it's one of the high-end models like an EVGA Classified, ROG Matrix Platinum, MSI Lightning, etc. For cheaper models, you can't really expect more than about $300. This is all assuming you try to sell to people who aren't completely clueless about current gen GPU pricing.

Solution

Ethanh100

Honorable
Yeah I agree it should be much less than 350, however, thats how inflation and lack of demand work in the market, and this will always happen with past generations of hardware where their price to performance is much weaker than the newest gen. Some people will take up to $400 on ebay. But there will be some people who ware only going to take it for what its worth, despite the rest of the market, so that would be $300 or so.

Jeremy Howard

Reputable
Feb 28, 2014
I just sold mine on here (980 Ti SC) for about 285 shipped. Of course I also took into consideration it was for the card only, didn't keep the box or anything. I'm sure if I did I could have gotten closer to 300 or a bit over but it was still fairly close to what it's selling for on ebay, and I didnt have to pay ebay anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.