More than 3 monitors with GTX 750ti

Lemar Bonquiqui

Reputable
Nov 5, 2015
Hi,
I have 4 monitors, and only 3 monitors are supported by the 750ti. unfortunately, there is only one PCI slot, which is being used by the mentioned GPU, so getting another cheap GPU is out of the question (however, I do have 2 unused PCI Express x1 slots... maybe there is a way to get something for multiple monitors with that. Is there any way to use my motherboards display ports to link up that last monitor. Just so that you guys know, I will only be using one monitor for gaming, the rest is just for productivity, so it's OK if the possible solution is not tailored for gaming.
Thanks very much,
Lemar Bonquiqui

Solution
Look in your bios to see if there is an option about having the ipgu on. It's hard to say with prebuilts because they lock mobo settings. There are pcie x1 gpus. There's a 710 for $45. You can also run monitors off usb adapters but those use the cpu and can also have a delay.
Look in your bios to see if there is an option about having the ipgu on. It's hard to say with prebuilts because they lock mobo settings. There are pcie x1 gpus. There's a 710 for $45. You can also run monitors off usb adapters but those use the cpu and can also have a delay.

Solution

Lemar Bonquiqui

Reputable
Nov 5, 2015

Thanks for your answer. I just have a couple questions about my options for this situation. I don't know much about running two different GPUs, so please be patient.

If i do get that 710 that runs off the PCIE x1, will I still be able to use the 750ti as my main gaming GPU?

Will the USB to HDMI/DVI/etc. work with my GPU?

Lemar Bonquiqui

Reputable
Nov 5, 2015

Sorry to keep bombarding you with questions (but I really appreciate your helpfulness), but would a DVI/VGA/HDMI splitter work if I attached it to my GPU? Or would it create the same picture on two different screens?