Dual monitor and main monitor only 144hz on DisplayPort while using capture card.

Th3trigg3r

Commendable
May 4, 2016
I just ordered a second monitor it's going to be my main monitor and it's capable of 144hz. But it says in the monitor description that it only can be 144hz while on DisplayPort. But my capture card I hdmi in and out. I also have another monitor 60hz 1920x 1080 and I use hdmi for it. My gpu has only one hdmi output. How do I make this so it can stream the main monitor to the capture card?

I was finding a solution and thought that I could use an extended screen on windows settings for the physical monitors and then a duplicate of the main screen to elgato for the one output from the gpu I can connect a dvi to hdmi converter or connect vga through the mother board I think.

HDMI is physically incapable of pushing 1080p at 144hz, so it won't work.
You could duplicate the displays sure, but since one monitor is 1080p 60hz, its going to duplicate at that refresh rate.

Honestly it sounds like your capture card needs to be removed or replaced. You've advanced beyond its capabilities.

Th3trigg3r

Commendable
May 4, 2016
I don't want it to stream more than it can (on 144hz) the max for the elgato hd60 pro is 60 fps and 1080p and no this question is before I do any connections as I said I still don't have my monitor as I just ordered it. The thing is I will connect the pc to the new 1080p 144hz monitor via display port and connect dvi to hdmi to my older monitor and then connect hdmi to hdmi to the capture card. I've just seen a video on YouTube someone doing exactly what I need (unless he duplicated it to a physical screen through elgato and not just elgato itself) here is the video: https://youtu.be/xl1XPKlaCOI

Edit: the elgato is already working just fine it's not about that.