Is it worth buying the new GTX 1050 Ti

Stormcho

Reputable
Sep 16, 2016
Hey so I'm thinking of buying the new GTX 1050 Ti but I'm not sure is it going to run well with an amd fx 6350 CPU and is it worth buying it. I'm building a new PC and I'm confused.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
since the card is not out yet nor has it been reviewed we have no idea how it performs nor how it matches up against the amd cards or other nvidia offerings.

you'll have to wait for the cards to hit the market before any suggestions can be offered.

but i can say that the fx-6350 is not a good cpu to be buying new for a new build. it's very old and very much outclassed by similarly priced intel chips. that much we already know for sure. :)

Stormcho

Reputable
Sep 16, 2016
And I bought the fx 6350 cause a friend of mine recommended it to me because he has the fx 6300 and he gets really good preformances on GTA V and etc

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
yes. also noticed reviews are live. need some time to read a few to know how they perform. but either way, buying on day 1 is never a good idea. prices are gonna changes as amd and nvidia adjust. always worth the wait to see how prices are gonna go.

but for sure the fx cpu is not worth it for a new build. an i3 would be a much better option and are pretty cheap platform to build on.