Computer Builder Problems- CyberpowerPC

starz222

Commendable
Oct 25, 2016
I was left "Hi and Dry" by CyberpowerPC.

Has anyone also had problems with CyberpowerPC. I was left "High and Dry" from them on my expensive $2,200 computer build.
My computer is 1yr and 3 months out, (1 year is the warranty) and my computer suffered a catastrophic failure. Worked with their Level 2 tech Adrian (the only nice person there)...maybe its the power supply, no maybe the graphic card, no wait, it's the motherboard.
4 days later and after purchasing a new motherboard, power supply, harddrive, borrowed a graphic card...spent money on a local IT guy, my computer is alive again.
Glen at CyberpowerPC asked what am I looking for..I said at the least can you send me a new graphic card? I mean I spend an additional $800 fixing a failed $2200 computer...it's the least you can do...he said no and eventually hung up on me. A guy named "Lap" also hung up on me. No one could transfer me to a supervisor...I even requested to speak to the CEO Eric Cheung...but he was mysteriously unavailable. It's the last time I use CyberpowerPC to build a computer. They clearly do not stand by their build and under extraordinary circumstances...like my case...they failed to provide good customer support, and take responsibility for parts failure.
They actually said that I could get my parts repaired but I'd have to stick them back in the broken computer...and send the whole computer to them (for 2-3 weeks!).

popatim

Titan
So your out of warranty computer died and they offered to repair it and you declined but still consider this bad customer service?
don't get me wrong, I'm not sticking up for Cyberpower, I'm actually surprised they offered to fix it, but I still think you have unreasonable expectations of what good customer service is. its not like you were 3 days out of warranty...

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant

The main problem here appears to be you. They stood behind their build for one year. That's what a warranty is. They actually appear to have gone above-and-beyond any responsibility to you in this case. And your response to demand to speak to their CEO and stupefying reaction when he's not available at your beck and call is the reaction of a complete madman.

starz222

Commendable
Oct 25, 2016

starz222

Commendable
Oct 25, 2016
Hi popitim. Thanks for your comment. It's nice that you want to stick up for CyberpowerPC. But I fear you did not understand my post. First off, Glen at CyberpowerPC recognized that my 15 month old computer suffered a catastrophic failure and offered to hear what I think would be a reasonable solution (did you not see that line in my post?) Not being a "pig" I did not say...I want a brand new computer, or I want all my money back. I thought asking for a replacement graphic card was "reasonable." Also, considering that the current graphic card has failed 5 months into ownership of the computer and at that time they did replace the card...and now it failed again along with every major component of the system. So...Glen offered a reasonable solution...but then denied it, did not offer any solution and hung up on me. I do think I expect at the very least, customer service to NOT hang up on a customer, what do you think? OK, yes...he suggested I install all the broken parts back into my computer and send it in. I'm in NY they are in CA. This is the only computer I have in my small office...I can't realistically send my only computer back for 3 weeks...much less re-build a broken computer and then buy another set of replacement parts...which I already did myself. (Oh and by the way, they do offer 3yrs labor so you should not be so surprised...you just have to suffer not having your computer for 3 weeks and pay for any replacement parts.) Also, did you not see I wrote the word "extraordinary circumstance" that a system would fail only after 15months. There's a rule in law called, "warranty of merchantibility" which basically means you expect a computer to not totally fail after 15 months. Just like you don't expect a car to fail after 15 months. The product is expected to last longer...and I know Glen at CyberpowerPC realized this. Too bad there isn't a "lemon law" for computer...but there is the Warranty of Merchantilibilty in place. So, popitim, I think maybe you've had good experiences with CyberpowerPC. But, I'm confidant if you suffered the catostrophic failure on your CyberpowerPC computer that I did...maybe you'd be singing a different tune.

waltercarroll

Commendable
Sep 21, 2016
I've bought two Cyber Power's myself, and I had my parents get two as well. Not to mention the countless friend's I've referred to CyberPower who have also gotten PCs. I've had great experiences with them myself, even when parts do go bad.

Sounds like they did exactly what they should have for an out of warranty product. Yes parts should last longer than a year but cheaper PC makers like Cyberpower use cheap power supplies, which cause issues with every other parts in the system. Next time you should build your own system, you will have a much longer warranty since many parts are warrantied for 3 years or longer.

You chose not to send the system in, that is on you not them. 15 months is way to soon for a system to fail, but you got it knowing it only had a one year warranty, with a 3 year labor warranty.

This story sounds about what every other "bad experience" one is all about, the fact that the techs for the company followed the warranty procedures but you were not happy with that.

starz222

Commendable
Oct 25, 2016

starz222

Commendable
Oct 25, 2016
Thanks one and all for your comments. Especially want to thank ZIM for referring to me as a "madman." Nice! Well, if anybody reads my posts I've said it all, you can judge for yourself. Posting to this site and daring to criticize CyberpowerPC is like going to a Star Trek convention and criticizing Spock!

No-one said Cyberpower was a great company, they use cheap power supplies and lower spec hardware, we all know that and pretty much never recommend buying a pre-built system for those reasons. You either get cheaper parts or pay a lot more for good parts than you would if you put the system together yourself. The forums are totally neutral, while the members can certainly have bias towards something, you are not quite seeing anything aside from your side and that you are right to want what you did.

The issue is that you were complaining about their support when they followed exactly what the warranty stated they should do. That is what we are discussing here. If a system is out of warranty, you fix it yourself, that is what "out of warranty" means. They said "send it in" you said "no".

We are not defending Cyberpower, we are pointing out that what they did was in warranty specs and that just because what you wanted them to do did not match what they did does not mean they had "bad customer support". If you did not like a one year warranty on your computer, you could have looked for a vendor with a longer warranty. You accepted it probably due to the cheaper price.

Falcon Northwest for example has a 3 year warranty
"Mach V, FragBox, & Tiki systems, and Talon systems purchased after February 1, 2016 are warranted for a three year period that will cover the system parts and labor. In addition to these warranties, the aforementioned systems will also include one year of Falcon Overnight service (described in detail below). For the remaining period of the warranty, where Falcon Overnight Service is not applicable, return shipping to the consumer will be paid for by Falcon Northwest and all other shipping costs incurred will be the responsibility of the consumer"

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant

You expressed horror that a company that offered you a one-year warranty treated it as a one-year warranty. Then you expressed shock that the *CEO of the company* doesn't want to personally speak to you. This is not how a normal person acts. A one-year warranty means they guarantee worksmanship defects on their part for one year. It doesn't mean three years, it doesn't mean two years, it doesn't mean one year and two months, and it doesn't mean one year unless you happen to be super-duper mad.

CyberpowerPC is a mediocre company. But you appear to be an even worse customer. They went above and beyond any responsibility they have to you (which ended as soon as your warranty ran out) out of goodwill and you *still* posted your unhinged rant. I'm fairly certain Cyberpower offers additional warranties at an additional price; you're the one who chose not to enter into an arrangement in which your warranty period would be extended past one year.

USAFRet

Titan
Personally, I would never, ever, recommend someone to buy a PC from CyberPowerPC.

However...1 year warranty, 1 year 3 months fail...
It's out of warranty.
What did you expect them to do?