No monitor display with graphics card or integrated graphics

hope1234

Commendable
Oct 25, 2016
Yesterday I bought my first computer. I know a limited amount about computers, but I know enough. There was no graphics card (just integrated) so I borrowed from a friend. One card was the gtx 660, and there was another one but I'm not sure what its called. I also bought a new power supply (600 watt). I installed the power supply and the gtx 660. I turned on the computer and my friend said that the computer was not registering that the graphics card was installed. The monitor was on/getting a signal. I turned off the computer and installed the other, smaller, graphics card. After putting that in, I turned on the computer. The fans were spinning, the lights came on, so I know that the computer was on. However, there was no display to the monitor. I played around with the monitor cable thinking maybe it came loose (its vga), but I guess not. We took out that graphics card and turned the computer back on. Again, the computer was on, but no monitor display. And yes, I switched the monitor cable so it was connected to the motherboard and not anything else. But still nothing. I tried again with the gtx 660 and STILL nothing. I unplugged all the wires and plugged everything back in and still couldn't get it. At this point I don't really know what to do. Please help

EpIckFa1LJoN

Admirable
Clear CMOS and try with a fresh hard drive. I had a similar situation where the graphics card wouldn't work because the driver on the crashed hard drive was unavailable. But my integrated graphics did work, so try clearing the CMOS or if you can, reset the BIOS, or even simply put in a clean hard drive without any drivers on it, and see if any of that will work.

If you get a Boot error displayed on screen it worked. Maybe even taking the drives out altogether will tell you if that's the problem. Then it's a simple matter of reinstalling the OS on a new hard drive and unfortunately starting from scratch. But it will all work.