Looking to buy a secondary (or new primary) monitor

Oct 25, 2016
1. What Is Your Country Of Origin?
2. What do you plan to do with this monitor? (ex. Games, Movie Watching, Photo Editing, etc.)
3. What resolution and screen size do you want?
4. What refresh rate do you want? (ex. 60 hz , 70 hz.)
5. How much are you looking to spend?
6. Brands Preferred (ex. Samsung, Acer, Asus, AOC, HP, Viewsonic, etc. )
7. Brands Not Preferred (state reason why)
8. Are You Buying More Than One Monitor?
9. How Many Displays Can Your GPU Support Maximum? And what GPU and driver version are you using if applicable?
10. What Port Do You Want To Connect To (ex. DVI-D, HDMI, etc).
11. Is This Monitor A Primary Display Or A Secondary Display?
12. Is This A Secondary Display For A Laptop?

1. I'm from Croatia (yeah, it's sad).
2. Casual gaming, programming, movie watching, web surfing...
3. Refer to the Appendix A.
4. Refer to the Appendix A.
5. Refer to the Appendix B.
6. Dell, but I'm not picky if it's good.
7. Any with bad reputation.
8. Already have Dell U2414H, looking for a second one.
9. I have a GTX970. I know it can support at least two, but I'm sure it's more than that.
10. Any that works.
11. Depends, on if it's better that U2414H or not. Also, refer to Appendix A.
12. No.

Appendix A
Okay, the main problem with me is that I'm running out of screen space. The specs are up for discussion. However, I don't see the point of having a 144Hz display with GTX970 since I won't be able to reach it in most modern games and I don't see the point of it for any other purpose. I don't really plan to game on dual monitor setup.

I'm not sure if I want the QHD monitor since it would look weird next to a HD monitor (however, gaming on it would be a real possibility with GTX970) - dragging windows would visually resize them, the border between the two would look strange. Same goes for 27" diagonal (U2414H is 23.8").

Landscape-portrait pivot would be nice, but since I already have U2414H which can do it, it's not really that important of a factor.

This new monitor could be either a secondary one, or a new primary, depending on it's specs.

Of course, I'll probably upgrade my computer before I upgrade my monitors again, but I'll probably go for the same performance range of GPU, so relative performance would essentially stay the same (hence making it future investment doesn't make much sense). And by the time I'd be upgrading my monitors again, I'd probably be going for 4k (and I can game @1080p without any artifacts, since it would just draw each pixel as 2x2)

Appendix B
Since I'm from Croatia, I might have more limited choice of monitors. Also, the prices here are a bit steeper, so you can't really just convert the values. I will give you a link to a Croatian site that has most of the available monitors listed, along with the prices. You should have no real problems navigating it (Dijagonala = diagonal, Rezolucija = resolution, Format = Aspect ratio). Here's the link:

LINK

Feel free to suggest ones that aren't listed as well (if you deem them worth it), I might still be able to get them somewhere else.

My original idea was to get another U2414H since the one I have has served me well. It's price is the one I'd like to stay close to (about 2000kn, or $200 (direct conversion would be $400, it's a ripoff!). The more above it you go, more convincing you have to be.

As the things are, I'm buying another U2414H, but I want you to try to convince me otherwise (if you think that is the way to go).

Thanks!

Oct 25, 2016
I chose Dell U2515H. It's essentially 25" 1440p version of my U2414H monitor and I think they will look good together, both aesthetically and regarding the look of the screen (colors, contrast, brightness, etc being similar (if not the same) on both)...