Please Help With Dell Precision 690

4am_Robert

Commendable
Oct 26, 2016
Hi folks first time on here,
I got given a dell precision 690 originally it had 2 x xeon x5335 but it wouldnt start up it would power up the the power would just die, so i switched ths cpus and now it has only 1 x xeon x5460 and it powers up.
When it powers up fans run everything seems to be ok, but im getting no monitor signal at all.
It has lilghts 3+4 lit up with setady green power button, by dells diagnostics this means its in reduced power mode or sleep mode, I have literally tried everything.
It had 5 HDDs with it so i have completely formatted 4 of them on my other comp and found that one of the HDDs has a windows 7 OS on it so i didnt format that one.
I have tried booting it up with the OS HDD connected only and nothing is happening it is still asleep/reduced power mode.
I have also tried multiple graphics cards in it, It came with a Nvidia GTX 470, and would prefer to keep this one in it.
I have tried Reset jump pin, Removing battery, There isnt much i havent tried,
Tried waking by usb keyboard/mouse, also Ps2 keyboard/mouse
it has 16gb ram 8x2gb
i have tried running it with only 4 as this is minimum it will powe rup on and still nothing, I have switched psu from 1000w to 750w and nothing, PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!!!

Actually, Lights 3 and 4 with a steady green power means memory failure.
lights 3 and 4 with a blinking power light means standby mode issue.

I would try different RAM, new RAM or test in sets of 4gb since it's a precision, it needs to have 2 sticks to boot.

4am_Robert

Commendable
Oct 26, 2016

seriously??
wow thank you clearly misread it will try thank you

4am_Robert

Commendable
Oct 26, 2016

hi,
sorry for late response so i removed 4 ram modules and got it too run, and actually give me a signal to screen, however im having to reboot about 5 or 6 times to get it on, Im thinking that the psu is the problem, what is your suggestion for this??
thanks rob