Monitor has a light but constant screen flicker

Dotol

Honorable
Nov 5, 2012
So this morning I noticed when I turned on my computer that my main monitor (I have 4 and 3 are working perfectly) was flickering very fast. To explain the flickering further, it's almost barely visible from a few meters away but when you're sitting down in front of the monitor it wears out my eyes very quickly and is definitely noticeable but the image is still very crisp. Any advice will help!

It's an Asus MX279H monitor, 2 years old.

What I tried (troubleshooting):
-Updating GPU/CPU drivers. (780ti Nvidia/ 2600k Intel)
-Resetting OSD monitor settings
-Connecting monitor to a different computer
-Using x2 different cables

I did notice that when I turn the monitor on and get the ASUS welcome screen the flickering is not present until I get the HDMI signal.

System:
Monitor Asus Designo MX279H
i7 2600k @4.1OC
GTX 780 ti
Windows 10
16GB Corsair RAM
SSD/HDD's
Asus Sabertooth Z77 Mobo

Solution
So you tried connecting the monitor to a different computer and the flickering is still there?
if so, then it sounds like the monitor is in the process of dying.

Otherwise it sounds like a flakey / bent / bad connection somewhere. since you tried new/different cables, it could be the connector on your GPU or the monitor itself.

or the monitor could be dying.

Dotol

Honorable
Nov 5, 2012
After closer examination, I noticed that it's not exactly flickering but actually shaking up and down at a very fast rate. I noticed after I changed the refresh rate from 60 to 25 interlaced and it was then that the I noticed it was shaking.

kittle

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2005
So you tried connecting the monitor to a different computer and the flickering is still there?
if so, then it sounds like the monitor is in the process of dying.

Otherwise it sounds like a flakey / bent / bad connection somewhere. since you tried new/different cables, it could be the connector on your GPU or the monitor itself.

or the monitor could be dying.

Solution