Monitor "NO INPUT SIGNAL" PLEASE HELP!

Juan_40

Commendable
Oct 23, 2016
why does my monitor say no input signal everytime i plug into computer please help!!!!! i tried everything!!!!
OK, so I'm using HDMI input, i replaced the cables, that's that not the issue. Everything is connected to the right input. When I turn on my computer it doesn't show anything, the monitor doesn't detect any signal. I even tried to connect my computer to another monitor and it seems to work fine. I even tried to connect the monitor to another device and the monitor seems to work fine. I noticed that when I disable my nvidia geforce gt730 driver, the monitor then decides to work. I even have my driver to the latest update, and still nothing. its just every time I enable the video driver, the monitor image disappears. This computer just has a problem with the monitor I want it to work on, its really frustrating. I even took out cmos battery and put back on, I even took out the ram hoping that might do the trick. But nothing. My computer is the HP Pavilion 550-077c Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-4790 3.6GHz 12GB. And the monitor im having difficulty connecting it to is, the HP 22cwa 21.5-inch Display. Thanks any help would be most appreciated.

Solution
i had a similiar issue - finally called into ASUS tech support (both monitor and card were ASUS),

I ended up having to re-install the driver 3X to get it to take or register. Tech said it was a common issue. Try re-installing the video driver(s) - i un-installed them the first couple of times before re-installing, then on the 3rd attempt, i was lazy and frustrated and didn't bother un-installing, and bam, i had a working display

when you said "... I noticed that when I disable my nvidia geforce gt730 driver, the monitor then decides to work...." that's what tells me to try re-installing that driver
i had a similiar issue - finally called into ASUS tech support (both monitor and card were ASUS),

I ended up having to re-install the driver 3X to get it to take or register. Tech said it was a common issue. Try re-installing the video driver(s) - i un-installed them the first couple of times before re-installing, then on the 3rd attempt, i was lazy and frustrated and didn't bother un-installing, and bam, i had a working display

when you said "... I noticed that when I disable my nvidia geforce gt730 driver, the monitor then decides to work...." that's what tells me to try re-installing that driver

Solution