My computer is stuck at a screen of spinning dots

jakmist50

Commendable
Oct 26, 2016
So i had unplugged my razer headsets cuz i needed them. After i came back(after like 1,5 days)and plugged them back in my computer which was still running (for some weird reason) and the sounds didnt seems to work. So i decided to restart, but accidently pushed the log out button. Didnt think much of it, at the time, but after that it went in to a black screen. I waited and just decided to force shut down. Then after 10 seconds i pressed the on button again and it booted but got stuck on the screen with the windows logo and spinning dots in a circle. It does that everytime. If i leave it be the computer will just eventually shut down. Sometimes it goes to a windows screen saying scanning and repairing the drive. But once it is at 100% a blue screen with two option apear either restart(leads to the circle again) and advanced option(none of them seemed to work) Please help. It has been like this for almost 10-8 hours

Solution
look, if you confused, its probably best to take it to a repair store as they work it out much faster than you can. It will take them much less time and you can ask them to check rest of PC out after incase it is a hardware problem.
Try running the repair tool from an external Windows installation media, but it sounds like you may have a hardware fault. See if you can get anywhere with an external installer (either from DVD or saving the Windows media tool on a USB drive) in case your recovery partition is corrupt. If not, you may need to start diagnosing hardware or BIOS settings.

jakmist50

Commendable
Oct 26, 2016
Ok.... I slept it of yesterday and now i decided to start it and it was stuck on a black screen for a while but now it got to the screen with the background picture and time. But it seems to be stuck again..... Or slow

jakmist50

Commendable
Oct 26, 2016
So now it lets me slide the thing up(u know how it does that on windows 10) but get stuck on the screen your suppose to put your password. After a while it just goes down and un freezes again

William Henrickson

Reputable
Dec 17, 2014
There is a possibility that you have a corrupted Windows profile.

Click the power icon on the lower right-hand side of the Login screen, press and hold the Shift key, and click/tap on Restart. This will open a command prompt at boot.

Enter this text below

net user Administrator /active:yes

Reboot and see if you can enter the desktop with the Administrator user.

jakmist50

Commendable
Oct 26, 2016
Well now its just weird. I tried to do what you said but the screen was sruck. So i waited. And it slid down again after thst i slid it back up and my user name with the field for password appeared then as i was writing this it slid back down

jakmist50

Commendable
Oct 26, 2016
Ok. So i shut it down, waited a couple of minutes and turnt it back on and now its at the spinning circle of dots again( on my 2nd monitor for some reason) i'll wait

jakmist50

Commendable
Oct 26, 2016
Ok , so now its at a blue screen with automatic repair. And under that " your computer wasnt booted right
Choose restart.sometimes restarting the computer might fix the problem.you can also choose advanced options and try other repairing option" what do i do now? ( the text might now be exactly like that since its in finnish on my screen,i tried to translate it to the best of my ability)

jakmist50

Commendable
Oct 26, 2016
Hmmm i seem not to find it, in the first screen there were 2 option -> restart and more option(advanced options?) The i clicked the more options one and it gave my 3 more clickable options-> continue(stop and continue to windows 10),troubleshooting(return your computer to factory settings or see more options) or shutdown the computer. Only the middle on will still lead me somewhere

jakmist50

Commendable
Oct 26, 2016
There are 2 clickable option -> restore your computer to factory setting(you can choose to save or delete the files, after which windows will be reinstalled) and more options(or advanced im not sure)

jakmist50

Commendable
Oct 26, 2016
The more options are--> System backup(backup windows using a saved bsckup point) which i do not have, system somethingfile backup(return windows using your chosen system something file) its näköis in finnish and i have no idea what thats in english, start up repair(repair the problems which stop windows from downloading), command prompt(you can add troubleshooting options via command prompt), startup option(change windows startup options) and return to an older version

Try startup repair