3 monitors but on board monitor flickers a lot

criel

Honorable
Nov 19, 2013
Hi all

I have 2 monitors plugged in and working fine through my graphics card but the monitor i have plugged into my motherboard is constantly flickering. anything i've read online told me to change refresh rate but this monitor only seems to handle 60hz.

What could be causing this? it just randomly started happening one day and has been flickering ever since. it has good days and bad day with the flickering but currently it's not usable.

Motherboard : ASUS Z75 pro 3
graphics card : AMD Radeon r9 200 series

Solution
Well you just need an HDMI to DVI cable. They are intercomaptible.
All should work.

EDIT: Have you put the "third" monitor's source to auto or digital?
Disable the integrated graphics and run all your monitors from your GPU. That is always teh best way to do it, and it'll spare you such issues.
What connectors do you have left on your GPU and what ports does the monitor you were connecting to the integrated have?

criel

Honorable
Nov 19, 2013
I just noticed there is an hdmi port on the card, so i tried switching one of my monitors out for that to use all 3 on the same card but the third monitor isn't getting detected. after searching ive found i may need another adapter so i guess i'm back to square one :)

Switch them around. It'ss get detected. Also, asnwer my questions please.

criel

Honorable
Nov 19, 2013
the monitor i initially connected to onboard graphics has only vga and dvi input.

intially :
2 monitors connected to GPU via dvi
1 monitor connected to motherboard via vga

after: 1 monitor connected to GPU via HDMI
2 monitors connected to GPU via dvi