New PSU installed now ssd not connecting to power

AgroBro

Commendable
Sep 8, 2016
I just installed a new PSU and the ssd that i have isn't getting any power or isn't getting recognized because whenever i start my computer it goes straight to the setup utility for my computer. everything is plugged in the SATA is plugged into the ssd but my PSU has 3 SATA ports and i don't know which one to plug it into, could this be the problem?

Solution
Hey there again, @AgroBro!

Have you also tried connecting the SSD to another computer? I'd advise you to do so if you have access to a desktop. If you have a laptop, you could try connecting the SSD externally via a SATA-to-USB cable. You have 3 SATA ports available, right? Try plugging the SSD and getting it detected from each one of them. I'd also strongly recommend you go to your motherboard manufacturer's official website and make sure you got the latest BIOS version installed.

Keep me posted with the troubleshooting.
SuperSoph_WD
Hey there, @AgroBro!

I'd advise you to make sure you have properly seated everything inside the rig. If you need help with the physical setup & installation of the SSD, I'd recommend you follow this tutorial from our knowledge base. Another thing you should try is resetting BIOS and see if that will help you recognize the SSD properly. I'd also swap the SATA and power cables connecting to the motherboard and the PSU and see if that will make the SSD appear. A faulty connection can totally cause this issue. Swap between the ports as well and see if it gets detected from either one of them.

Let me know how it goes! :) Good luck!
SuperSoph_WD

AgroBro

Commendable
Sep 8, 2016
reseting my bios didn't work still keeps me trapped on the uefi setup utility screen. The strange thing is that the ssd is connected fully, everything is connected but for some reason it isn't either getting recognized or doesn't have power.

Hey there again, @AgroBro!

Have you also tried connecting the SSD to another computer? I'd advise you to do so if you have access to a desktop. If you have a laptop, you could try connecting the SSD externally via a SATA-to-USB cable. You have 3 SATA ports available, right? Try plugging the SSD and getting it detected from each one of them. I'd also strongly recommend you go to your motherboard manufacturer's official website and make sure you got the latest BIOS version installed.

Keep me posted with the troubleshooting.
SuperSoph_WD

Solution