Administrator account deleted/disabled mistakenly

Madhav_4

Commendable
Oct 27, 2016
I was trying to get rid of lock screen in my Windows 10 PC. Applied some trick suggested on some website. This led to me deleting/disabling the administrator account.
Now, I am logged into my PC with a guest account. Whenever I try to run any program with administrator privileges, the prompt asking for administrator privilege comes with "Yes" button disabled. There was a solution suggested on some website where I needed to log onto the PC in safe mode and reactivate the administrator account. Did that. But as soon as I log into the PC in normal mode, the same "Yes" button disabled issue comes. I didn't take any backup or system image earlier and now it is not letting me do the same because I don't have administrator privilege. So, can't even reset/format my PC. Kindly help. I do have access to my Microsoft Account through which I used to login to the PC.

Solution
That link is a bit misleading. the syntax is all in one line, thus
net user Administrator /active:yes
and often a lower case "a" will fail.

The Command Prompt needs to be elevated so go to c:\windows\system32 and right click cmd.exe then select RunAs Administrator. Youmight be alowed to see the form.

Madhav_4

Commendable
Oct 27, 2016

Did as shown in the video. Now after pressing Alt+F4 and restart, the login screen shows Administrator. But after providing correct password, it shows "Administrator account disabled, please see system administrator".

That link is a bit misleading. the syntax is all in one line, thus
net user Administrator /active:yes
and often a lower case "a" will fail.

The Command Prompt needs to be elevated so go to c:\windows\system32 and right click cmd.exe then select RunAs Administrator. Youmight be alowed to see the form.

Solution