Tips on how to make windows 10 start up as fast as possible

ellman12

Commendable
Oct 17, 2016
Hello,

So I am in the process of finishing my first gaming PC build. And I wanted some tips on how to get windows 10 to start up as fast as possible. Got any tips? Thanks for any info. {Also, I have a tb of ssd space. Just so you know.}

Kind regards,

Elliott

Luminary

Admirable
Two main things come to mind:

1) Go into your BIOS and enable 'fast boot' if your motherboard has that option.

2) The only other factor will be the amount of start-up programs you have. The less programs the OS has to load up the faster you'll get to the desktop. Here's a quick read on how to find and disable startup programs in Windows 10: http://www.windows10forums.com/articles/manage-startup-programs.1/

deswryn21

Commendable
Oct 26, 2016
1 TB of SSD!? With that kind of storage you must have a killer set up so boot times would probably quick. If you want it as fast as it can possibly get for the sake of it then I can only suggest a few things. Disabling startup programs might help and enabling Windows Fast Boot can shave off a second or 2. Aside from that, I don't have any more idea and leave it for more technical guys out there. With fast boot on on my peasant (old, under powered) PC and some applications allowed at startup, it can boot up to the lock screen in a few seconds and I am contented with it.

Edit: whoops. Above post beat me to it.