Blue screen load error :( - aswnet.sys

grandpoke

Commendable
Oct 29, 2016
Hi there,

This morning after I've started the pc I got a blue screen error where is mentioned aswnet.sys. I runned 27/10 backup recovery but I still got this error.
Anyone have any idea why I'm getting this error?
Regards,
Alex

Solution
The aswnet.sys file is part of the Avast Antivirus software package. You can try uninstalling Avast and reboot. Restart the computer again and then download and install a fresh copy of Avast (if that is what you are using). After that, reboot again and hopefully everything will be good.

now to actually uninstall it, I would download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB
change boot order in BIOS so USB is first, hdd second
boot from installer, on 2nd screen after languages, choose repair this pc, not install
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose start up options
hit the restart button
choose a safe mode (it doesn't matter which) by using number associated with it.
PC will...

grandpoke

Commendable
Oct 29, 2016
Hi,
Thanks for your reply. yes I'm running Avast, problem is i can't login to windows as blue screen error is on the booting section. Any suggestions?
Many thanks

Colif

Win 11 Master
The aswnet.sys file is part of the Avast Antivirus software package. You can try uninstalling Avast and reboot. Restart the computer again and then download and install a fresh copy of Avast (if that is what you are using). After that, reboot again and hopefully everything will be good.

now to actually uninstall it, I would download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB
change boot order in BIOS so USB is first, hdd second
boot from installer, on 2nd screen after languages, choose repair this pc, not install
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose start up options
hit the restart button
choose a safe mode (it doesn't matter which) by using number associated with it.
PC will restart and load safe mode

ONce in safe mode, right click start button
choose control panel
choose Programs - uninstall a program
remove Avast
reboot PC and do rest of steps suggested above.

Solution

Colif

Win 11 Master
if you don't have another PC to download the USB on, you can get to same menus by starting PC, and before it gets to win 10, restart it again. repeat that a few times and it should load auto repair
this won't fix it but will give access to a menu called advanced options or can be troubleshoot. this leads into the same menu structure i showed above. I don't use this method a lot so I am not sure of menu choices.