ipconfig.exe black window pops up and disappears

Elite gunner

Reputable
Dec 9, 2015
Hey guys, I need help. Just yesterday I got my M/B repaired and set up my PC. When I started gaming, the game minimized for some reason. I continued playing the game but it was happening every 2 minutes and I got annoyed. Today I started a scan and after it was over, the problem still persisted. Then I took a video and played it in slow motion and saw that it was an app called "ipconfig.exe". The location was C:/Windows/system32/ipconfig.exe. I scanned it with my AV and it said that it is clean. I want to uninstall it because it annoys me even as I type this thread but it is also the app that manages the IP Configuration, so if I uninstall it I may not be able to connect the Internet. What do I do?

Solution
lol i got the Solution By using This Software
https://www.malwarebytes.com/mwb-download/thankyou/
just Install it then scan and Remove Everything After Scan complete.
Hi

IPConfig.exe is a useful part of Microsoft Windows utilities found in c:\Windows\System32\
often used to diagnose network problems

It is run from the command prompt hence black window appearing

you could rename it to ipconfig2.exe

It is possible you have malware which is using the windows utility to determine your network settings

you need to scan you PC with both anti virus software and anti malware software (or an internet security suite)

what AV are you using?

regards
Mike Barnes

In windows.
Click on your start button.

In the search box type: Msconfig.

Press enter and a new window will open Elite Gunner.

Click on the startup tab of the new window at the top.

Look for the listing of Ipconfig.exe in the list of programs set to auto run after windows os has loaded.
If you see the command or reference to IP config in there.

Simply untick the check box next to the program or command to execute or run, to prevent it from running while using windows.
Click on ok.

Also check the do not display this window or box again if it pops up then click ok.

Once done, restart windows and the Ipconfig program or task will stop running where it exits you out of a full screen display of a game when trying to play it, and displaying a black command prompt box running the IP config .exe file ok.

The command is running a command prompt from windows and why the black box with the IP config program is running.
By un checking it via the tick box of Msconfig and the start up tab it stops the command from being run ok.

Elite gunner

Reputable
Dec 9, 2015

I am having BitDefender Total Security

ArshpreetS

Commendable
Oct 29, 2016

i am facing same issue but there Is no ipconfig.exe ,not in startup tab and not Even in background tasks

ArshpreetS

Commendable
Oct 29, 2016
i created a thread Too but I wanna Continue my thread With This and going To type what problems I am Facing and Here it goes
#a Command prompt Window is keep Opening and Closing,its Too fast and happening in almost every 84th Sec,i Know there are also thread but its Not cmd.exe,at the end There is ipconfig.exe,its appearing Like windows/system32/ipconfig.exe,i Tried almost Every method Like Autoruns and tried disasbling a Lot of Start Up but nothing Is happening,i Have installed Nothing new in The past Week,people mostly have errors due to driverupdater tools But There Is nothing like That in My pc,i was hardly able To Screenshot But its really tranparent and with zoom I can read is c/windows/system32/ipconfig.exe,i am using Windows 10 and one thing I really Wanna mention is that my Proxy is automatically ticked even if i untick ,it Still Rick On With proxy 127.0.o.0 but this Problem Is about month old and is Still a problem but this flashing problem Is about 2 days Old

ArshpreetS

Commendable
Oct 29, 2016
lol i got the Solution By using This Software
https://www.malwarebytes.com/mwb-download/thankyou/
just Install it then scan and Remove Everything After Scan complete.

Solution

Ankur_10

Commendable
Oct 31, 2016

ipconfig is not listed..

Hi

Assuming ipconfig.exe is the genuine microsoft program
Then it wont be reported as malware and is unlikely to be started directly by Windows so wont appear in msconfig or equivalent

Some other program is using it, either for good or bad reasons

If you rename it to ipconfig2.exe it wont run anymore when called.

There is the recommendation above to run malwarebytes
You can also try super anti spyware (sas) and a few other anti malware programs such as
Spybot search and destroy

Regards
Mike Barnes

Mahesh444

Commendable
Nov 6, 2016

How to rename it to ipconfig2?