Windows 10 bootloader: Your PC needs to be repaired 0xc000000e

igirap

Commendable
Oct 29, 2016
I have a hard drive and an SSD. My windows files are on the HDD, but the bootloader is on the SSD. I partitioned my HDD and installed Linux mint there, with the linux bootloader on the SSD. When I select to boot from my SSD in the BIOS, I get to the GRUB, which has the linux mint and windows options on there. I can boot into linux fine, but selecting windows gives me an error:

```

Recovery
Your PC/Device needs to be repaired

The application or operating system couldn't be loaded because a required file is missing or contains errors.

File: \WINDOWS\system32\winload.exe
Error code: 0xc000000e

You'll need to use recovery tools. If you don't have any installation media (like a disc or USB device), contact your PC administrator or PC/Device manufacturer.

Press Enter to try again
Press F8 for Startup Settings

```

Pressing enter or F8 doesn't do anything. I initially installed Windows 7 a long time ago and I upgraded to Windows 10, before I had installed linux. I didn't lose my windows files, because I can see them from linux. Is there any way I can recover windows?

Thank you.

Solution
On another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB

Try fix 2,3 & 4 here: https://neosmart.net/wiki/0xc000000e_selected_entry_could_not_be_loaded/
you can try fix 1 if you want, it might fix it. I just don't normally recommend downloading extra software to fix things but it could be ok