How do I fix 144hz monitor from stuttering when dropping FPS?

SkinnyWalrus

Reputable
Jun 25, 2016
Hello, I have a 144hz Acera GN246HL monitor without gysnc, I recently started playing Titanfall 2, my FPS never stays at 144 usually 80-120 and I have noticed whenever I get an FPS drop to the 90's-80's there is a stutter. Is there a way to fix this? I tried reducing my monitors refresh rate to 60hz and capping the game to 60fps, but when it drops to 59fps there is a stutter. If anyone has any solutions to why I am getting this stutter and how to fix this please let me know. Thank you :) .

Specs:
Gtx 980ti x2
i7 6800k
32gb ram
And yes I have the game installed onto an SSD.

Solution
You should try running the game at slightly lower settings so that your FPS is reaching the max of 144 and the game will be very smooth. If there are still stutters even when doing that, it might be the SLI setup that is causing the stutters as multi-GPU configurations often do not scale properly. If that's the case, try disabling one of your cards and running the game in a single-GPU configuration.

bignastyid

Titan
MERGED QUESTION
Question from SkinnyWalrus : "144hz monitor stuttering."

iPaperKillz

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2014
You should try running the game at slightly lower settings so that your FPS is reaching the max of 144 and the game will be very smooth. If there are still stutters even when doing that, it might be the SLI setup that is causing the stutters as multi-GPU configurations often do not scale properly. If that's the case, try disabling one of your cards and running the game in a single-GPU configuration.

Solution