I can't install Java on windows 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

matthew20187

Commendable
Oct 29, 2016
Hi, i can't install java on my windows 10 computer. I tried running as administrator, installing online, offline, 32 bit and 64 bit versions. When I try to run installer it don't run. Help!

RealBeast

Titan
Try this method:

Download the offline version HERE.

1) Copy the java install file to C:\ drive’s root location, you may encounter the permission dialog, select yes to proceed
2)Open Command Prompt dialog with admin rights by typing cmd in Start Menu, once the cmd icon is shown, right click on it and select “Run as administrator”
3)In cmd line window, type cd\ then type C: to make sure you are at the c:\ root location
4)Now type the java installation file’s name (ie: jre-8u111-windows-i586.exe) or whatever you named the file, hit enter and go from there.

Use whichever version that matches your browser, so x86 if 32 bit Firefox, IE, etc. and x64 if you use a 64 bit browser.

matthew20187

Commendable
Oct 29, 2016

It's not working :/ When i try to open it like in 4) nothing happens. I thought i did something wrong, but i can open other programs in c:\ without any problems.

matthew20187

Commendable
Oct 29, 2016

I can opened installer using troubleshooter and choosing windows xp, but after installing, other programs don't see Java

Status
Not open for further replies.