Maximum Bitrate on YouTube?

Apr 13, 2014
Hi,

First of all, I want to mention that I use OBS as recording software, and I record me playing video games. Also, OBS measures bitrate in KB, and so will I. So anyways, recently I have been doing YouTube more, and I'm really starting to realize that I may need to tweak the quality settings. They weren't horrible, but it was more optimized for my previous computers that weren't really good in performance, with 3500 bitrate and 30fps with 1366x768 both OBS resolution and game resolution, and I uploaded those videos in 1080p 30fps. I bumped it to 15000 bitrate at 60fps with 1280x720 both OBS resolution and game resolution, and I upload my videos to YouTube in 720p 60fps. But I've started to wonder what the maximum bitrate is on YouTube. I wanted to ask because I've been doing some testing, and I've figured out that my computer is capable of even higher settings, but none of that would matter if YouTube would limit my bitrate. Another reason why I wanted to ask is because I'm getting low on hard drive space, and I want to have as much bitrate as possible while not running out of space. I'm not asking for a recommended bitrate, but I really need YouTube's bitrate to determine what I should set my bitrate to. I would like it if someone made a chart of all bitrate limits for all resolutions, but I want to focus on bitrate limits for 720p 60fps, and 1080p 60fps. Why I'm interested in the bitrate of 1080p 60fps even though I record 720p 60fps is because I could render my videos in 1080p 60fps if 1080p 60fps allows higher bitrate then 720p 60fps.

Thanks,
DontEvenAskMeMyUsername
P.S. Yes, I have searched google, and all I could find was YouTube help pages on recommended bitrates, not maximum bitrate.