Air cooler for i5 3570k

lorddevy

Honorable
Apr 4, 2013
Hi All,

I am planning on getting a new case "corsair carbide spec-alpha" and do some OC so i wanted to take this opportunity to upgrade my cpu cooler to keep the temps down. I want to stay in the air business but would prefer a cooler with blue led as the case comes with red led fans which could look nice. Or would you recommend not to go for a led cpu cooler and buy a normal one like the hyper evo 212 with additional case fan that has led? My budget is around £40

My specs:
cpu: i5 3570k (currently @ stock, planning to OC between 4.0-4.4)
mb: asrock z77 extreme4

Cheers

lorddevy

Honorable
Apr 4, 2013
Alright, so i have done some more research and extended the budget. I'll be getting the Cryorig H5 Universal and i am thinking of changing the stock fan with a corsair hd120. I will post the temperatures once i have tested it. Let me know what you think.

The Hyper212 EVO is more than enough cooler for a 3570K. With mine, I'm able to hit 4.4-4.5ghz on the stock cooler and keep temps reasonable, so long as I don't run Prime95 all day. Not that I use the stock cooler - I have a 212 EVO unused in a drawer, and use the Noctua NH-L9i because of its small size and high quality fan.

If you want blue LEDs, buy the cooler first and add LEDs later. Most LED fans are junk and have significantly worse noise / airflow characteristics than better fans so choose carefully or you'll be adding noise and hurting your cooling.

lorddevy

Honorable
Apr 4, 2013
I have installed the Cryorig H5 universal which works like a charm, however i couldn't fit the corsair fan due to insufficient clearance from the ram blocks :(