Recommend me the best 1080p 60hz 24in ips display

DayShadow

Reputable
May 12, 2014
Just like the title states. What is the absolute best 24in 1080p 60hz IPS display with good response times (5ms or less) with ideally very deep blacks with little to no backlight bleed. I am in the market to upgrade to a new gaming monitor and with 1080p60 being incredibly easy to run now I want to prioritize color accuracy and quality over refresh rate both for longevity and overall visual pleasure. I will not consider TN panel garbage. I will consider a 27in 1080p monitor if the display quality is superb but 24in is ideal.

Thanks in advance.

Have been considering this one as a potential monitor but is there better?
https://www.amazon.com/VS248H-P-1920x1080-DVI-D-Back-lit-Monitor/dp/B0058UUR6E/?tag=logicaincrem-20

Solution
Don't worry Samsung also announce version with g-sync - I read that probably on guru3d. We also see how Vega will preform, for me nVidia and AMD is only corporation - only price and performance is important point of product.

27" is too big for 1080p and normal viewing distance below up to 1m.
Dell make very good IPS displays that have great color reproduction and good (6ms) response time.
They also have excellent build quality and ergonomics.
There are quite a few 24" 1080p options

temp_Adam

Commendable
Nov 1, 2016
They also have more problems with panel uniformity (like most display vendors), but in their case we have another problem they don't manufacture displays them self. They have a few partners that produce displays and sell under Dell logo so if you buy two the same models, you can get two completely different display.

Also I think 24'' is max for FHD, above that size you need better resolution, also BB will occurs in any monitors except selected for review/test...

>with ideally very deep blacks with little to no backlight bleed.
I have similar expectation to display but I think it doesn't matter what type of panel display use - on all we will have WLED and problems with BB.

Maybe Samsung with upcoming C24FG70 move bar a lite higher - first information suggest that only lite black crush occurs, rest is relatively good (contrast, response times, colour reproduction and also "black").

DayShadow

Reputable
May 12, 2014
That samsung monitor looks very impressive. I wouldent mind shelling out that kind of money if it means getting an absolute superb 1080p display. Damn shame it's a free sync monitor though.

temp_Adam

Commendable
Nov 1, 2016
Don't worry Samsung also announce version with g-sync - I read that probably on guru3d. We also see how Vega will preform, for me nVidia and AMD is only corporation - only price and performance is important point of product.

Solution