IRQL Not Less Or Equal Error - Windows 10 64 bit

cdhodgdon

Commendable
Oct 31, 2016
I'm having a problem with my Windows 10 giving this same error, it does not have anything after the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. I have attached the Dmp file.

Windows 10 Pro
Intel Core 2 Quad - Q9550 - 2.83 GHz
12GB Ram

Using this computer as my Plex Server, other than a couple of items to all me to monitor the system, nothing is running but Plex.

Solution
Memory management
0x41792 = A corrupted PTE has been detected. Parameter 2 contains the address of the PTE. Parameters 3/4 contain the low/high parts of the PTE.(this is tied into the page file)
0x403 = The page table and PFNs are out of sync . This is probably a hardware error, especially if parameters 3 & 4 differ by only a single bit.
0x41793 isn't on the list

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/ff557391(v=vs.85).aspx

run http://www.memtest86.com/ on your ram, you want to find 0 errors.
run hdtune trial on hard drives: http://www.hdtune.com/ - see what its smart score is.

IRQ errors are driver errors but like the rest they hiding behind ntoskrnl. THe kernel also deals with memory management so it could all be...

Colif

Win 11 Master
Your dump files seems to be missing

I can't read them anyway but this might show us what cause is without needing them. Can you download and run who crashed: http://www.resplendence.com/whocrashed
it will show a summary of the error and IRQ errors are driver errors so it may show us the cause or it might just blame windows (which is common)

copy/paste results here

If it just says ntoskrnl is to blame, you might as well attach the dump files like you said you would. ntoskrnl is the part of windows that deals with drivers and is oiften blamed for bsod.

cdhodgdon

Commendable
Oct 31, 2016
Here is what it shows when I run the WhoCrashed program:

On Mon 10/31/2016 7:43:01 PM your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\103116-36062-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x14A3B0)
Bugcheck code: 0xA (0x20, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF8023360F3A6)
Error: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Mon 10/31/2016 7:43:01 PM your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!KeBugCheckEx+0x0)
Bugcheck code: 0xA (0x20, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF8023360F3A6)
Error: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Bug check description: This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Mon 10/31/2016 10:47:10 AM your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\103116-38937-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0x1A (0x41793, 0xFFFFE901127C00C0, 0x9, 0x8)
Error: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
Bug check description: This indicates that a severe memory management error occurred.
This might be a case of memory corruption. More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers, not because of faulty RAM modules. This problem might also be caused because of overheating (thermal issue).

On Sun 10/30/2016 3:18:07 PM your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\103016-27937-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0x1A (0x403, 0xFFFFFB000002F8C0, 0xED40000202455867, 0xFFFFD709BFD0B3D0)
Bug check description: This indicates that a severe memory management error occurred.
This might be a case of memory corruption. More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers, not because of faulty RAM modules. This problem might also be caused because of overheating (thermal issue).

On Sat 10/29/2016 10:53:22 AM your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\102916-35812-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x14A2C0)
Bugcheck code: 0x1A (0x41792, 0xFFFFE0800036C0D0, 0x5A000000, 0x0)
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time

Colif

Win 11 Master
Memory management
0x41792 = A corrupted PTE has been detected. Parameter 2 contains the address of the PTE. Parameters 3/4 contain the low/high parts of the PTE.(this is tied into the page file)
0x403 = The page table and PFNs are out of sync . This is probably a hardware error, especially if parameters 3 & 4 differ by only a single bit.
0x41793 isn't on the list

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/ff557391(v=vs.85).aspx

run http://www.memtest86.com/ on your ram, you want to find 0 errors.
run hdtune trial on hard drives: http://www.hdtune.com/ - see what its smart score is.

IRQ errors are driver errors but like the rest they hiding behind ntoskrnl. THe kernel also deals with memory management so it could all be same error but the Memory management ones happened first

Solution

cdhodgdon

Commendable
Oct 31, 2016
Ok, thank you for that information. I will run those scans when I get home later today. Its just odd that it started the other day and this machine has been running a month or two as a complete rebuild. I will report back with the findings of those test.

cdhodgdon

Commendable
Oct 31, 2016
It ended up being one of the new DDR2 modules that I put into the machine. I had a spare set and swapped them out. Before I did all this I ran the memtest86 and after the first pass, it exploded with errors. I took out the newest pair of modules (4 gigs total) and tried the memtest86 again, no problems at all on the remaining pair (8 gigs total). I had a spare, new pair of modules equaling 4 gigs, put them in the machine and ran the test again, no problems this time. So now back to running my 12 gigs and the machine is purring along just great.

Thanks for the help.

Zugshad

Commendable
Nov 18, 2016

I am having pretty much the same issues with the ntoskrnl and ntkrnlmp. My WhoCrashed are these:
On Fri 11/18/2016 3:18:11 PM your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\111816-5171-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x14A510)
Bugcheck code: 0x1A (0x41792, 0xFFFFE100CCE8F208, 0x40000, 0x0)
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe

On Fri 11/18/2016 3:18:11 PM your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!KeBugCheckEx+0x0)
Bugcheck code: 0x1A (0x41792, 0xFFFFE100CCE8F208, 0x40000, 0x0)

Typically my issue is only when the machine boots "cold" once it restarts it is fine. Usually it happens right at boot before I get into windows. Sometimes I can get into windows, and as soon as I do something (load any program or something) it reboots from the BSOD and then I am good for the rest of the night.

I have ran the Memtest86 for 30+ hours and got 7 successful passes with 0 errors. I have my main drive as a Samsung 128gb SSD and then a 1TB WD Sata for storage. I downloaded the Samsung Magician and it says the drive is fine. I just DL'd that HDTune and running it now to see what it gives me.

Anyone have some thoughts? I did the driver verifier and it bsod's on me with driver verifier error and I had to restore to a restore point to get back into windows. the bsod I got from that was:

On Thu 11/17/2016 7:55:53 PM your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\111716-6406-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: lgbusenum.sys (LGBusEnum+0x1F0)
Bugcheck code: 0xC4 (0x2004, 0xFFFFBE00715DC358, 0xFFFFF8093FE501F0, 0xFFFF81807E1630F8)
Error: DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\lgbusenum.sys
Bug check description: This is the general bug check code for fatal errors found by Driver Verifier.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: lgbusenum.sys .
Google query: lgbusenum.sys DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION

I uninstalled the Logitech program and the first two errors were what I got for todays boot. Not sure what I am looking for on HD TUne but on benchmark, it comes back as in Good and in the Health tab all come back as OK and health status as OK. Running error scan tab now. AS of now, all blocks are coming back as OK.

So, anyone have some thoughts?

cdhodgdon

Commendable
Oct 31, 2016
I finally figured my problem out, it was one of the memory chips that I had just gotten, was bad. So I replaced it with one of the others and everything is working just fine now.

Zugshad

Commendable
Nov 18, 2016

yeah.. did you run a memtest and they were passing? mine passed 7 in a row.. so just not sure if they are bad or not :(

cdhodgdon

Commendable
Oct 31, 2016

I had purchased two pairs of memory to use in two computers. The ones that were in it, when it was giving the error, would do one pass before it threw up some type of error. I pulled the pair out and replaced it with the other pair and it gave no trouble at all, nor did the other pair that was in the machine that I did not touch.