Downloading Handbreak for Linux 18 help

Mortsy88

Commendable
Nov 1, 2016
Afternoon everyone from the UK :)

I am trying to download Handbreak for Linux 18 so I can make the videos I produce easier and quicker to upload.

I am looking for some advice on how I can do it :) . I have searched youtube but have not had any luck on how to do this.

Or are there any good alternates to handbreak out there?

Thank you for your time and help,

Samuel

Autocrat

Respectable
Sep 19, 2016
$ sudo apt-get install subversion yasm build-essential autoconf libtool zlib1g-dev libbz2-dev libogg-dev libtheora-dev libvorbis-dev libsamplerate-dev libxml2-dev libfribidi-dev libfreetype6-dev libfontconfig1-dev libass-dev intltool libglib2.0-dev libdbus-glib-1-dev libgtk2.0-dev libgudev-1.0-dev libwebkit-dev libnotify-dev libgstreamer0.10-dev libgstreamer-plugins-base0.10-dev libappindicator-dev
$ svn checkout svn://svn.handbrake.fr/HandBrake/trunk hb-trunk
$ cd hb-trunk
$ ./configure --launch
$ cd build
$ sudo make install
Link

It is also probably in your software center. I know it is in the Ubuntu one.

wertciu

Commendable
Oct 4, 2016

type: sudo apt-get install handbrake and it will install on ubuntu or any ubuntu-based distro (like mint 18).

But if you've never used handbrake before, it can be difficult to use. VLC media player has excellent transcoding options built into it and is easier to use. You can install it with sudo apt-get install vlc

Open a terminal window. This is done by pressing Ctrl + Alt + T. Type into the terminal: sudo apt-get install handbrake to install. Update the software type: sudo apt-get update into the Terminal and you're done.