DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Problem - Help needed

Daniel_299

Commendable
Aug 25, 2016
Hi I have recently built a new PC, using a 3XS CPU system pre-build.

I have begun to get regular BSOD whenever I am playing certain games (play time about an hour) with this error message.

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

No specific driver comes up as the problem on the blue screen in brackets, just that information.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Solution
I guess the next questions.

Is the memory running at 3000Mhz?
Did they overclock the CPU?

My guess would be that with such speedy memory you are going to need more memory voltage to maintain 3000Mhz. Alternative option would be to run the memory at a more reasonable speed like 2400Mhz and see if it behaves any better. You should have several XMP profiles to choose from in the BIOS. You can also use CPU-Z to get all the supported JEDEC timings stored in the memory.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Going to need an awful lot more information than the product line.

From my experience these are memory errors. They can be caused by poor power supplies, bad memory, bad GPUs, poorly seated graphics cards, and even CPU overheating (intel chips have the memory controller in the CPU)

Daniel_299

Commendable
Aug 25, 2016

Asus Z170-P Intel Motherboard
Corsair Hydro H45 CPU Cooler
250GB Ssung 2.5 750 EVO SSD
1TB WD WD10EZEX SATA 3 HDD
Samsung SH-224GB DVD RW Black
Intel Core i5 6600K
EVGA GTX 970
2 x 8GB DDR4 3000 VengLPX
RMX650 CP-9020091-UK PSU

PC build

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
I guess the next questions.

Is the memory running at 3000Mhz?
Did they overclock the CPU?

My guess would be that with such speedy memory you are going to need more memory voltage to maintain 3000Mhz. Alternative option would be to run the memory at a more reasonable speed like 2400Mhz and see if it behaves any better. You should have several XMP profiles to choose from in the BIOS. You can also use CPU-Z to get all the supported JEDEC timings stored in the memory.

Solution

Daniel_299

Commendable
Aug 25, 2016

They did overclock, I have since reversed that and put the voltage back to normal on the CPU, will attempt to run the memory slower. Memory voltage was at 1.3