UK PSU to US?

firehawk_1

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2008
I have the following PSU in my heavy duty system (with several HDD's!)

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/evga-supernova-p2-1000w-80-plus-platinum-modular-power-supply-220-p2-1000-x3-ca-009-ea.html?gclid=CjwKEAjw-uDABRDPz4-0tp6T6lMSJADNoyPbrIXFTt1EKC5YdTg8BstE2jXD6XcWrAb5cuJV4uBpFxoCC8jw_wcB

This works great. It's a ev3a 1000 P2 PSU.

I am going to be shipping this unit to the US as I am relocating from the UK and wondered if it will still work? I know the power cord needs to be changed so the other question I have is if using any US kettle power cord will be fine or does it need to be specific ones?

I checked on amazon and there are so many and some of them say "should work with most PC's" which puzzles me.

In addition to this - what about the power strip surge protectors? in the UK here, I use a Belkin one - very good since I also have other plugs connected to it (IP phone, 2 monitors, the computer unit, 2 routers). Which ones should I go for which are surge protected and good for long term heavy duty use - bare in mind that the unit is on 24/7 literally.

What I don't want is if I plug any kettle cable into the system and into a power strip that it trips the whole house or smoke comes out from somewhere!

Thank you for your suggestions!