I can't boot windows 10 from USB/DVD

Soapy912

Commendable
Oct 18, 2016
Hello today I switched from MBR to GTP using AOMEI Partition Assistant Tool because my friend told me it's better to have a gpt partition on a windows 10 plus i want to fresh install the windows. So I first made a USB bootable using rufus i choosed GTP UEFI or something like that and.. it didn't work oh yea before i made the conversion i tried with MBR version of windows 10 and it didnt work. It gives me this error everytime i try to boot it Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might have caused the issue after you install Windows Updates. I tried with a dvd as well and it gave me the same error please help i already lost like 4 hours searching up and nothing helped me..

Colif

Win 11 Master
unless it wasn't working, you should have let the media creation tool make the USB, it would have formatted it right for you.

Is this a custom PC or a brand name? If custom, what motherboard? If brand name, what make/model?

are you sure its booting off the USB and not just trying to boot windows?

Soapy912

Commendable
Oct 18, 2016

yes i have set it right so it would boot the usb and i am positive its not from the motherboard but its a GA-H81M-S2V gigabyte btw this is the actual error im getting http://prntscr.com/d283zs

Colif

Win 11 Master
0xc0000225 – Boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible

oh fun. its a good thing you want to fresh install as its about best way to fix this error.

what isn't working with the installers? what error do you get?

Soapy912

Commendable
Oct 18, 2016

this is the error i get on the installer bro. like i cant boot the windows installation to format the drive.