Start-up apps not starting when turning on computer.

John_17

Reputable
Aug 24, 2015
So after I got my first SSD (850 EVO) I already saw the massive difference between an SSD and a HDD, after having HDD as my primary storage. I also decided to look at it with more details, so naturally I installed some boot-up programs, which measure the time and optimize boot-up time (Yeah I know, as if under 10 second boot wasn't short enough) by turning off certain apps.
After setting them up, I didn't really see any improvement, so I decided to uninstall them all.

However, few days after I noticed that none of my start-up programs are starting up.
I looked in task manager, and there are several apps that are enabled, but none which actually start when turning the PC on or restarting. I tried turning them off and on to see if that would fix it, but no luck. I noticed that only Nvidia settings app starts up, however that is not in my task manager and I cannot disable/enable it.

I'm guessing I need to reinstall Windows?

Solution
G
try typing in task scheduler into the search bar. Then go to create task. go to triggers hit new. where it says on a scheduled, change that to at startup. then go to actions. hit new then browse files. then put the program that you would like to run in there

hope this helps
G

try typing in task scheduler into the search bar. Then go to create task. go to triggers hit new. where it says on a scheduled, change that to at startup. then go to actions. hit new then browse files. then put the program that you would like to run in there

hope this helps

Solution

John_17

Reputable
Aug 24, 2015
Thanks that worked. However, I tried it just before I reinstalled Windows anyway due to other problems, but for anyone having same issue they can try your solution.

TRENDING THREADS