USB 3.0 causing system slow down and freezing?

SirJabbar

Commendable
Oct 9, 2016
Having trouble getting a grip on what is the problem here. Is it my overclock, a driver, or Windows?

i7 6800k 4.2ghz 1.29v (bumped up from 1.27v after messing with the USB drivers caused a freeze. I want to be on the absolute safe side on this overclock)
Asus strix X99
Gskillz 3200 c16 4x8gb kit
gtx 1060
250gb samsung evo
Corsair h115i

Connected USB 3.0 device, windows wants to repair it. During the process it says it failed and freezes at the properties window of the USB 3.0 device which has now disappeared from File explorer behind it.

Once that happens the issues that occur:
-Opening Devices and Printers becomes oddly slow.
-Have had hangups of file explorer not opening upon my click until about a minute later.
-USB System tray icon freezes and the menu freezes.
-Keyboard starts typing 3 or 4 characters instead of one or doesn't respond to keystrokes.

Please help and thank you.

SirJabbar

Commendable
Oct 9, 2016

Reset the overclock to default and got the same exact behavior. Except much worse, slower with more freezing lol File explorer took about 5 minutes to open correctly.

SirJabbar

Commendable
Oct 9, 2016
It appears the problem was only with the case front I/O ports. Repeating the same process on the rear motherboard ports completed the "repair" successfully.

However, after the issues in my first post I noticed I wasn't getting a "safe to remove hardware" bubble anymore.
Started getting this Warning:
-Kernel Pnp event 219 The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device SWD\WPDBUSENUM\_??_USBSTOR#Disk&Ven_HP&Prod_USB_FLASH_DRIVE&Rev_0.00#UT17154700000120&0#{53f56307-b6bf-11d0-94f2-00a0c91efb8b}.

When using this shortcut to eject the USB: %windir%\System32\rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL hotplug.dll
I get the error
-The 'HP USB FLASH DRIVE USB Device' device is not removable and cannot be ejected or unplugged.

SirJabbar

Commendable
Oct 9, 2016
Please help I've reinstalled windows 3 or 4 times on this build as I keep hitting walls when I try to just use the thing.

After another clean install and a meticulous driver and software installation. It happened again. I plugged in a SSD with a 3.0 adapter in order to setup cloning procedure for my computer. Upon connecting the computer would not open file explorer for 5-6 minutes and the software, Macrium, crashed.

Error log: "A timeout (3000 milliseconds) was reached while waiting for a transaction response from the Wsearch service."