Selling my PC - Clicked 'Remove files and clean the drive' - BLACK SCREEN

tsill_0014

Commendable
Nov 2, 2016
Hi there, need help!!

So I clicked the option of removing 'files and clean the drive'; as suggested for when you're re-selling a PC. However after it said it was restarting, it's jumped to a black screen.. and I havent seen anything for about an hour now. I know the PC is still running as the orange light showing the HDD is doing it's thing is still flicking on and off... so no trouble there. However, does this mean that my graphics driver is suddenly not working? I have no idea on the progress of this clean re-install and when it will be finished!! I'm afraid of clicking the 'reset' button as I don't want to interrupt the process of wiping the HDD and messing up the PC altogether.

Hope I can get some help and whether this is deemed normal. I use a HDMI.

EDIT: It's now at the stage where I can see the screen... however it's crashing at 64% of the installation.... any idea why it's doing this!?!?!? I can't seem to get it working again

Solution

he already has reset pc to virtually factory settings as that what a full reset does.

@ OP : You best of stopping it if it gets stuck at 64%. Faster to fresh install win 10 instead,

On another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB
go into bios and change boot order so USB 1st, boot drive second
boot from installer and follow this guide: http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1950-windows-10-clean-install.html

Colif

Win 11 Master

he already has reset pc to virtually factory settings as that what a full reset does.

@ OP : You best of stopping it if it gets stuck at 64%. Faster to fresh install win 10 instead,

On another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB
go into bios and change boot order so USB 1st, boot drive second
boot from installer and follow this guide: http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1950-windows-10-clean-install.html

Solution