Internet browser hitching, sttutering while scrolling

Gazi

Distinguished
May 13, 2011
no matter what browser i use(chrome, firefox, ie) its all the same, when i scroll(specially noticable with middle button "lock on" scrolling) i get random hitching, frame skiping, hell i even think my monitor keeps "flashing" when i scroll at some spots. I tried fresh reinstalls and stuff with those programs, turned off/on smooth scrolling, hardware boost, no effect.

My pc is
i5 6600k, gtx 1060 6gb(previously integrated graphics), 16gb ddr 4, 500gb 7200 hdd.

I had same issue on my old pc, i changed every part except old hdd. Does HDD affect internet browsing at all? It has very low usage when scrolling. It doesnt matter what page i load in, or for how long i keep it open, it always sttuter at random spots or foes slowly(it feels like it swimming at some spots).

for comparsion my windows 8 tablet works buttersmooth and 0 sttuter with scrolling and it only has 2gb ram and 1.3ghz cpu... .

Solution
Hello... as a "Simple Test" disable your Pagefile.sys for the drives in the OS and re-boot... the OS will use Ram memory instead of the Hardrive for any Paging/Temporary storage... you have 16gb of FAST RAM... LOL lets put it use B )

Control panel-System-Advanced system settings-Advanced-Performance settings-Advanced-Virtual memory change, Click on the drives listed and click "no paging file" and "Set" then OK and reboot the OS for the change to take effect.

Yes... a slow, fragmented, or Full drive will slow things down... a Platter Hardrive is the slowest Data device in your system, at this time B /

Gazi

Distinguished
May 13, 2011
You mean resource use? All is yellow/ish, but cpu usage is around 11%, ram 23%, hdd below 9%.

Oh wait, u mean device manager, no task manager :D. just checked, no i dont. but can be my old hdd responsible for that?

Hello... as a "Simple Test" disable your Pagefile.sys for the drives in the OS and re-boot... the OS will use Ram memory instead of the Hardrive for any Paging/Temporary storage... you have 16gb of FAST RAM... LOL lets put it use B )

Control panel-System-Advanced system settings-Advanced-Performance settings-Advanced-Virtual memory change, Click on the drives listed and click "no paging file" and "Set" then OK and reboot the OS for the change to take effect.

Yes... a slow, fragmented, or Full drive will slow things down... a Platter Hardrive is the slowest Data device in your system, at this time B /

Solution