32" LED HDTV for gaming?

Mikecase1

Commendable
Oct 30, 2016
I currently have a 32" haier LED 720p HDTV that I've been using for console gaming, however I'm making the switch to PC gaming and will be ordering parts for my first build around Christmas.

Just wondering if that tv would work well enough for gaming/movies. The first game I intend on playing is warhammer, so thoughts and suggestion are always appreciated!

Ps. I do have a Acer 24" 144Hz gaming monitor picked out for $300 at Best Buy but am just wondering if the tv would also work, obviously not as well, but well enough?

Solution
It all depends on what you are comfortable with. If we compare the both TV and Monitor you have selected there will be a big difference in performance. Your TV has bad GTG time and bad response time which could make it bit uncomfortable. If you are a casual gamer and are not specific about the response time then TV will be fine but if you want perfect professional gaming experience then you should go for monitor.

It also depends on the budget you wanna spend on your PC. If it is a tight one then you could drop off the monitor for time being.

In-fact you should get your PC setup first and connect it to your TV screen and test it out. If you feel like it is lagging or the response time is bad or is creating ghosting while faster...
It all depends on what you are comfortable with. If we compare the both TV and Monitor you have selected there will be a big difference in performance. Your TV has bad GTG time and bad response time which could make it bit uncomfortable. If you are a casual gamer and are not specific about the response time then TV will be fine but if you want perfect professional gaming experience then you should go for monitor.

It also depends on the budget you wanna spend on your PC. If it is a tight one then you could drop off the monitor for time being.

In-fact you should get your PC setup first and connect it to your TV screen and test it out. If you feel like it is lagging or the response time is bad or is creating ghosting while faster game-play then go for monitor.

Solution

Mikecase1

Commendable
Oct 30, 2016
okay thank you! And the build (parts only) comes out to about $2000CAN which is okay for budget, I'm getting the monitor,keyboard/mouse, and a desk as gifts for Christmas. Just wanted to know if the monitor was worth it in comparison to the tv, which id say by what you said it sure is worth it!

After all that it's just the $80 or so to download warhammer on steam and I'm good to go!

Natsukage

Estimable
Oct 28, 2016
As King Dranzer said, the Acer will perform way better for gaming. But you can always use that 32-inch monitor as a second screen. My current setup is a 25-inch monitor and a 32-inch TV (Samsung, <8ms gtg)
Arguably, most Haier led tv sets I've come across have bad GTG, bad color, and input lag. It is good enough for browsing internet, but not ideal for gaming.